Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MY17 Specs and Release Date

zero_tolerance

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 VFII Redline
Hi guys, new to the forum here. Thought I'd join up and join in the fun. Have been keeping on eye on the forums here for over 6 months. Certainly has helped myself and my old man with decisions re: cars and colours.

Got 3 on order all due Q2.
MSE red hot manual
Magnum red hot manual (was meant to be spitfire green, but allocated red for some reason)
LMF redline wagon (deliberated over and over regarding colour, initially wanted SOAG but settled on LMF after seeing members photos on this forum, it just looks awesome.

Can't wait for all three to arrive.

Congrats and welcome to the forum. Thats a nice collection you will have there. The best of each body style.
Good choice with the LMF, trust me you will love it.
Out of curiosity, how did your Magnum end up red if it was ordered spitfire green?

Walfers62

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SS-V Redline Manual
Congrats and welcome to the forum. Thats a nice collection you will have there. The best of each body style.
Out of curiosity, how did your Magnum end up red if it was ordered spitfire green?
my guess is the dealer forgot to change the colour in SOM and now it's locked in :eek: still a classic colour to have though!

AWRSSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 Redline Wagon
All good! Nice to get all 3 hopefully in one go.. all you need is a 3 car garage and you're all set.. or you have to build a 3 car garage o_O

Got plenty of room...many other cars there already too haha

VL Executive

VY SS Ute - Just got 1!
Reaction score
Members Ride
3 VL's, VK EFi, VX S, VY SS Ute, VF SSVR Ute
Just a quick question all. Do the utes with the sports bar fitted, still have the brake light in the sailplane? In other words, if you take the bar off. Will you be left without a brake light?

rossimo

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt s2 wagon
Just a quick question all. Do the utes with the sports bar fitted, still have the brake light in the sailplane? In other words, if you take the bar off. Will you be left without a brake light?
Yeah still has the other brake light there, I'd assume it's unplugged with the bar on and would need refitting if the bars were removed, surely they wouldn't have both working...

AWRSSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 Redline Wagon

Dealer error I believe. Oh well, at least we got one. We were initially going to get red for all three cars but decided to change. Think our salesman must've forgot we wanted green.

Built dates are 27 July for MSE, August 2 for Wagon and mid-September for the ute. What a few months it will be!!

Last edited:

VF Ute

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf 2 Redline ute

Yeah still has the other brake light there, I'd assume it's unplugged with the bar on and would need refitting if the bars were removed, surely they wouldn't have both working...

Just checked mine. Brake light in the sailplane doesn't come on with the sports bar one. Agree with Rossimo, probably just unplugged. I'm not 100% sure I'll keep my sports bar on so I'll find out if I remove it and put a hard lid on.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Just checked mine. Brake light in the sailplane doesn't come on with the sports bar one. Agree with Rossimo, probably just unplugged. I'm not 100% sure I'll keep my sports bar on so I'll find out if I remove it and put a hard lid on.
Possibly just a fuse or a relay?

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Dealer error I believe. Oh well, at least we got one. We were initially going to get red for all three cars but decided to change. Think our salesman must've forgot we wanted green.

Built dates are 27 July for MSE, August 2 for Wagon and mid-September for the ute. What a few months it will be!!
I'll say! Some group pics would be cool.
I'd be interested in your views on the MSE compared to the Magnum from a driver's perspective.

Redline 2017

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 VF 2 SSV REDLINE
Good evening everyone, so I believe we are at the end of a suitable waiting period, it's hard to believe, but good things come to those that wait.... Well that's a load of crap generally, however today...our Redline arrived at the dealership, covered in a very Australian red dust lol, it has come along way after all. On the commute home I got a call off the wife letting me know I should swing past the dealership and check something out. I had just enough light to get a few pics..... Receive the car on Thursday fingers crossed, I missed the truck unloading by 20 minutes.
Resized_20170509_171953.jpeg
Resized_20170509_172101(1).jpeg
Resized_20170509_172200(1).jpeg
Resized_20170509_172218(2).jpeg

Last edited: