Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MY17 Specs and Release Date

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
What I mean regards to Holden the GTS was last seen on the HZ before the revival of HSV, Its normally associated with the HZ Holden HQ's, HK's and so on pre-commodore era on a Holden
But it's not GTS, it's GTS-R, and the only history of that is the banana-looking VS HSV with about 17 rear wings.

jetfrost

Reaction score
Members Ride
Motorsport
But it's not GTS, it's GTS-R, and the only history of that is the banana-looking VS HSV with about 17 rear wings.

yes that's right, had they (HSV) not used the GTS the GTS-R would not have been used its the association of GTS with Holdens and the -R is there for an extra marketing $ by HSV

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Dad reckons that, back in the day, GTS stood for Greased Turd Sh1t.
I don't understand why it had to have 'turd' as well as 'sh1t' in the name ... but who can tell how much coke the Holden marketing people were doing in the 60's?!

jetfrost

Reaction score
Members Ride
Motorsport
"Holden first introduced the GTS nameplate in 1968 with the advent of its HK Monaro sports coupe. As an answer to Ford’s Falcon GT sedan, the first GTS models were pillarless hardtop coupes, essentially a two-door version of the General’s mainstay Kingswood family sedan."

The history of the GTS
http://www.motoring.com.au/the-history-of-the-gts-40687/

Super Coach

GTS, S, CV8Z, SSVR
Reaction score
Members Ride
GTS, S PAK, CV8Z, SSVR, CALAIS V, MSE
placing an order for one now though is probably too late by the time it gets to the line you think?
apparently there a no (new) redline wagons in jungle fever anywhere is aus....

I think you have missed the boast on Jungle Fever Redline Wagon. That colour is due to finish in December. I have just learnt some cool new things about the Motorsport Edition and pretty excited now for that model. Depending on what the price is for the Motorsport Edition and what the change over will be I think I might be selling the Jungle Fever Redline and getting a Motorsport Edition in Spitfire Green.

dgp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline
Do tell Super Coach, do tell.

jetfrost

Reaction score
Members Ride
Motorsport
Please fill us in SC

EternityDre

Reaction score
Members Ride
MSE #385
I think you have missed the boast on Jungle Fever Redline Wagon. That colour is due to finish in December. I have just learnt some cool new things about the Motorsport Edition and pretty excited now for that model. Depending on what the price is for the Motorsport Edition and what the change over will be I think I might be selling the Jungle Fever Redline and getting a Motorsport Edition in Spitfire Green.

Motorsport Edition must be amazing if you're considering upgrading to it already. You were adamant you wanted Jungle Fever and didn't care about MY17 changes or limited editions.

Troyziee

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 SSV-R Sportwagon
I was told every red line wagon is build to order.

Really? so if i was to drive around to a load of dealers on the weekend, my chances of them having redline wagons sitting in the yard are slim to non?

Interested to hear what supercoach has to say about the motorsport edition, not keen to find out how much they jack the prices up by. was hoping to maybe get a end of plate (as im not liking the new colours) but if the wagons are built to order doesn't leave me with much option.

jetfrost

Reaction score
Members Ride
Motorsport
SC are these included? - MRC, TPMS, power seats driver + passenger and heated and cooled seats, auto mirror fold, shark fin antennae, and ventilated disks front and back
AND EXTRA Power?