Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MY17 Specs and Release Date

VZSSHawk

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS Ute
Yea it does suck, here I was thinking yes, I have almost the last MY16 and last Jungle Fever green, and then Holden decide to extend. But in saying that Holden might have ordered only X Amount of Jungle Fever paint and might still run out in September and might not re-order more paint for that colour as they are discontinuing it. So it might still be a good thing that I ordered when I did cos I get to enjoy my new car sooner rather than later and still get the colour i want. When people see a car from the distance, they dont know how many km's its done, or it build date. They just see the colour!

True, I noticed this with the SSV Redline and Regal Peacock Green, no longer available as a choice.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Where can you go to find out what stock dealers are holding? I saw some are checking on Internet somewhere? I am wanting 2017 and trying to hold off to find what packs, but if deals are too irresistible for 2016 and in my original colour, I may be tempted to jump in. More money for mods !!
Every dealer has a website, they mostly use the same template & mostly look the same as each other ... and they all list their stock of new, demo & used cars. If you go to holden.com.au, there are links to every dealer's site, sorted by state & region.
You can't see deals off the sites though, they list all prices basically as RRP; our car was listed something like $63k drive-away & actually cost us $55k.
It's a bit painful that you have to search each dealer's site individually; I bet they have a central database of who's got what, but us mere paying customers have to check each dealer separately.

True, I noticed this with the SSV Redline and Regal Peacock Green, no longer available as a choice.
That happened for MY15, in October 2014. May 2015 the better-half decided it was time to replace the VS Berlina, and we decided the four things we wanted were wagon, Regal Peacock, automatic, and Redline.
We didn't realise that Regal Peacock had been deleted as a Redline option until we tried to configure it on the website, and it wasn't possible.
Couldn't believe my luck when a dealer had a 9-month-old demo with only 70km on the clock, jumped on that like me on an icecream pizza!

That was a marketing decision though; I think someone decided the dark green didn't work with the black wheels, but explete me it still looks better than that nasty chrome finish on the dark-coloured MY14 Redlines!

galaga2304

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS Ute
So is anyone buying the 2017 in hope of it being any sort of collectors? Cause i am thinking there are going to be a lot of these cars around!! If that is the case, surely a HSV would be better? Even the half baked Clubbie? I am just buying cause I want a last one.

EternityDre

Reaction score
Members Ride
MSE #385
So is anyone buying the 2017 in hope of it being any sort of collectors? Cause i am thinking there are going to be a lot of these cars around!! If that is the case, surely a HSV would be better? Even the half baked Clubbie? I am just buying cause I want a last one.

There are reportedly multiple special/limited editions in the works.

SnowDoggyDogg

2ltr? = Only milk & juice
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen F GTS

VZSSHawk

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS Ute
That happened for MY15, in October 2014. May 2015 the better-half decided it was time to replace the VS Berlina, and we decided the four things we wanted were wagon, Regal Peacock, automatic, and Redline.
We didn't realise that Regal Peacock had been deleted as a Redline option until we tried to configure it on the website, and it wasn't possible.
Couldn't believe my luck when a dealer had a 9-month-old demo with only 70km on the clock, jumped on that like me on an icecream pizza!

That was a marketing decision though; I think someone decided the dark green didn't work with the black wheels, but explete me it still looks better than that nasty chrome finish on the dark-coloured MY14 Redlines!

We originally looked into the Regal Peacock Green for the '16 SSV Redline and was told it wasn't available, so went with the Phantom Black, only to be later told he could get us a Regal Peacock but it was too late seeing we pretty much had the Phantom SSV Redline on the truck heading our way from the factory, noticed on the Holden site that the Regal Peacock wasn't being advertised with the SSV Redline no more, shame, it's a nice colour, as is Prussian Steel, looks great in person, the day we picked up our Phantom SSV Redline I saw the Prussian Steel and thought it looked great, blacked out, so nice, different look.

MYSS94

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSVR | VU2 SS Ute
I saw the Prussian Steel and thought it looked great, blacked out, so nice, different look.
Yeah, I've seen one of these as well and I agree - the Prussian Steel looked amazing with the blackout - I really wasn't expecting it to, cause the chrome looks great on it as well.

blackve76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS ute 360rwkw N/A, 2016 VF2 SS M6

No 1/2 bake clubbie, the HSV ls3 goes soon due to emissions, to be honest any VF2 will be a bit of a collector NOT!!!!

zacaxel1975

Reaction score
Members Ride
Jeep SRT

I was thinking of getting a Redline when my Jeep SRT comes out of lease early next year. I don't hope it will be a collectors item but I do wonder about resale. Will it hold its value better because supply will stop and they cannot be purchased anymore, or will it depreciate quicker/more for pretty much the same reasons, discontinued product, diminished demand?
Also thinking about a Hilux, but unlike a Holden Redline I can get one of the anytime in the future.