Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MY17 Specs and Release Date

markalan1two

Smile and wave boys !!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
X5 BMW, GenF2 GTS, HSV Y R8, AMG C43
sad too hear you experience but good if your have to drive a Ford you made the right choice of a nice looking one good luck with it and don't forget the pics

blakethemus

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais
Wow, it has been 6 months since I started this post. I am quite amazed we have managed to get 115k views, although I am probably responsible for a few thousand.

Unfortunately I have given up on an MY17 and put a deposit on a Mustang today. I know that is like switching from the Rabbitohs to the Roosters but my general experience over the last few months has meant I have given up on Holden - probably for life. The dealer I have bought two new cars from who knew I was interested has repeatedly called and told me I need to put a deposit down if I want one in any decent time frame, but when I ask for what am I actually buying and how much is it, they go quiet. The last call ended with, if you want a special edition, they are going to be over RRP....

I spoke to a Ford dealer, and although there is a long wait ahead of me, they were upfront and honest about wait time, the car has Android Auto/Apple Car Play and I have gotten a car that is in extremely high demand and managed to save 9% off the RRP (which is about $7k) - no dealer RRP premium!

I don't know how Holden have managed to lose a long term customer that has never driven a Ford, but they have.

I wish you guys all the luck in the world with the new models when they come out, unfortunately I wont be in the club.

I think I'm going to be in the same boat as you.

I was looking forward to the F17 Redline having the same extras as the Chevy SS. But now it looks like it will only be the special editions at a hefty price premium. I get a vehicle allowance from work so I have to work in a certain budget and I think the special editions will be out of my range. So now I'm looking at buying another brand at the end of year sales because I'm not prepared to wait to find out I can't afford the special editions.

Holden losing another long term customer.

jetfrost

Reaction score
Members Ride
Motorsport
Congrats samr
It is sad to see what Holden is doing to their loyal customer base with the help and arrogance or egotism of their dealers.
They need to be careful how they handle this before its too late.
Remmember who kept you in business since 1948 and who will keep you going to infinity & beyond.

Last edited:

jetfrost

Reaction score
Members Ride
Motorsport
Is there anyone able to get their hot little hands on numbers/figures for the colours sold on the Redlines in the last 12 monts?
It'll be interesting to know.

bLackjackj

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV
Very minor changes for the MY17, except some additional fruit for the $$$ special models.

Glad now my heavily discounted MY16 will be here soon and I'm not waiting for the price hike on next years car.

Not sure why you wouldn't just hold out 2 months? There is a heap of stock out there and you could have had a MY17 for the same price or a cheaper MY16 "demo", with 0KM's. I find it unusual, like someone buying a new iPhone 6S just when they know an iPhone 7 is around the corner.

There isn't going to be a "price hike on next years car", unless you are going a SE. Holden will still have every model at the normal price. Don't worry MY17 buyers, dealers will still negotiate "heavy discounts" as normal, but you will have the last batch of car.

Trofius

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline sportwagon
At what point does your order become a 2017 model? Does need to be built / received after feb28, or ordered after feb 28. I am keen on a 2017 model, but also keen to purchase asap, to maximise my trade value.

If I was to order a car in two weeks, what do you think it would be? It would be a special order, but essentially this.......

ssvr%20wagon%20vic1_zps2qx3aiqo.jpg

MYSS94

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSVR | VU2 SS Ute
Unfortunately I have given up on an MY17 and put a deposit on a Mustang today. The dealer I have bought two new cars from who knew I was interested has repeatedly called and told me I need to put a deposit down if I want one in any decent time frame, but when I ask for what am I actually buying and how much is it, they go quiet. The last call ended with, if you want a special edition, they are going to be over RRP....

I spoke to a Ford dealer, and although there is a long wait ahead of me, they were upfront and honest about wait time, the car has Android Auto/Apple Car Play and I have gotten a car that is in extremely high demand and managed to save 9% off the RRP (which is about $7k) - no dealer RRP premium!

I really hope you drove the Mustang and absolutely loved it before putting your deposit down, and didn't just buy it because you had the shits with Holden and their arrogant/pushy dealer.

Congrats on buying it though :beer chug:- I had the opportunity to drive one and loved it. That V8 has a lovely sound :yeah:

bLackjackj

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV
At what point does your order become a 2017 model? Does need to be built / received after feb28, or ordered after feb 28. I am keen on a 2017 model, but also keen to purchase asap, to maximise my trade value.

If I was to order a car in two weeks, what do you think it would be? It would be a special order, but essentially this.......

ssvr%20wagon%20vic1_zps2qx3aiqo.jpg

Maybe after it's officially announced, Lol...just guessing!

bLackjackj

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV
Wow, it has been 6 months since I started this post. I am quite amazed we have managed to get 115k views, although I am probably responsible for a few thousand.

Unfortunately I have given up on an MY17 and put a deposit on a Mustang today. I know that is like switching from the Rabbitohs to the Roosters but my general experience over the last few months has meant I have given up on Holden - probably for life. The dealer I have bought two new cars from who knew I was interested has repeatedly called and told me I need to put a deposit down if I want one in any decent time frame, but when I ask for what am I actually buying and how much is it, they go quiet. The last call ended with, if you want a special edition, they are going to be over RRP....

I don't know how Holden have managed to lose a long term customer that has never driven a Ford, but they have.

I wish you guys all the luck in the world with the new models when they come out, unfortunately I wont be in the club.

I've driven a Mustang in the States and cannot agree less. The Mustang, although coolish looking on the outside, is full of cheap looking plastics on the inside. Handles well on corners, but just doesn't have the clean drive of a VF.

redvxr8clubby

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Clubsport R8 & VE SS
If I was in the market, I'd be interested in the Mustang, if you don't generally carry passengers, and don't need to tow with it, the Mustangs a better looker than the VF, just the ticket for a weekender.