Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MY17 Specs and Release Date

Paulie81

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 VFII Prussian Steel SS-V Redline Manual
phew glad I got my Prussian Steel redline when I did.

Marco_VESS

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 VF2 Redline M6
It sounds like if you had a specific build combination in mind, you'd be better off ordering early to make sure you could get what you wanted. I had planned to wait until around April or so to try and get a car from a bit later in the year but that might not be the best idea if allocations are smaller than anticipated. Or alternatively, look for a MY16 car now and not worry so much about having one of the 2017 cars.

The reduced allocations and strict allocation to dealers seem very odd in the light of Holden's comments about anyone wanting a car being able to get one. Maybe Holden just doesn't intend to build very many cars next year at all. I guess the fewer cars they build the less money they lose...

notmy SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
LC150 Prado M16 SSV
And, details are out:

MY17 SV6
Nav and HUD, 18 inch wheels from Black edition.

MY17 SS
Nav and HUD, 19 inch wheels from SSV.

MY17 SS-V Redline
Black Grille surrounds etc (black out pack)
Black lip spoiler
Black sports bar (ute only)
New sill plates
Jade black applique on steering wheel/dash

MY17 Calais
Nav

MY17 Calais V
New wheel finish 19"
Black interior
Electrochomatic interior rear mirror
New sill plates
Calais Lettering on rear doors
SSV Redline steering wheel with perforations

MY17 Caprice-V
SSV Redline steering wheel with perforations

Discontinuations:
SV6 Manual (all body styles)
SSV (all body styles)
Calais Wagon
Beige trim on Calais V Sedan

3 new colours
Spitfire Green
Son of a Gun Grey
Light my Fire Orange

There are a number of price increases across the board, some substantial.

Sweet no SSV, this makes the fully optioned MY16 SS-V the final ones!

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
To give you an idea on numbers, we got 56 cars, across all body styles, including special packs. That's around 50% of what we've sold for the past 12 months.

With the amount of interest out there it's going to be very hard to fulfil everyone's demands, but most dealers i've spoken to are not happy with the numbers of cars. They must be building a heap of police and rental stuff, because the retail numbers just don't add up.

The Jade Black I think is just a trim colour, so they'll remove the carbon fibre look that is currently there. Photos won't be out there until they update the website next month.

Those numbers tend to indicate greatly reduced production numbers then over the last ten or so months. Unless, of course, the rental and government service market remains buoyant enough to sustain production at current levels.

Half what you sold last year? If that's what the Company has allocated, what are you supposed to do to remain a viable business as production runs down and ceases? Is your firm franchised to other makes like many "Holden"dealers are these days?

blackve76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS ute 360rwkw N/A, 2016 VF2 SS M6
To give you an idea on numbers, we got 56 cars, across all body styles, including special packs. That's around 50% of what we've sold for the past 12 months.

With the amount of interest out there it's going to be very hard to fulfil everyone's demands, but most dealers i've spoken to are not happy with the numbers of cars. They must be building a heap of police and rental stuff, because the retail numbers just don't add up.

The Jade Black I think is just a trim colour, so they'll remove the carbon fibre look that is currently there. Photos won't be out there until they update the website next month.

Yep with no other real police car options you would think the state govs have given holden there numbers already to inc a bit of a stock pile.

Maybe Holden is closing doors sooner in 17????

The yard is full at holden atm, most Chevs have left yard heaps of black editions etc around.

Trofius

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline sportwagon
In regards to ordering:

Each dealer has an allocation and that's final. All the dealer can pick from is colours and options, which must be set either by lock-in date on earlier builds or by the 24th of April for all builds later in the year. There will be no customer orders. If the dealer can't supply you a car from what they've been allocated, they need to then try and swap with another dealer, which is going to be hard work, because dealers are going to treat these like their babies.

Price rises:
SEDANS/WAGON
SV6 + $1,000
SS + $2,500
Redline + $500
Calais + $1,250
Calais V + $760
Caprice V + $500
UTE
SV6 + $1,000
SS + $2,500
Redline + $1,500

These are RRP increases.

Ok so if I want a redline wagon, I have to find a dealer that has been allocated one, and order before april to get my colour.

would they know now if they are getting any???? considering you state that wagons are a second half year production.

How would you recommend I go about this???

Thanks again for the info.