Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MY17 Specs and Release Date

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
I don't know it's particularly valid to get upset about not being able to get an $8k discount that you've assumed will always be available & even on limited numbers of the last ones ever ... it's not like they're putting up the price by much, in fact it's about the same amount as the blackout packs would cost.

LastV8?

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 VF2 Redline
I don't know it's particularly valid to get upset about not being able to get an $8k discount that you've assumed will always be available & even on limited numbers of the last ones ever ... it's not like they're putting up the price by much, in fact it's about the same amount as the blackout packs would cost.
We shouldn't have to pay for the blackout pack but I think it would cost about $1300+ on a 2016 Redline (inc windows frames) so $500 more for a 2017 puts you in front (sort of)

zero_tolerance

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 VFII Redline
I dont even want the blackout kit as I prefer the chrome. Earlier posts suggest chrome will still be available as a no cost option?

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
I guess the no-cost option thing would depend on how they're building the cars ... it sounds as though up until late April it'll effectively be to order, so I can see how they could fit whichever of the chrome or black has been chosen by the customer. But after late April it sounds like you'd just get whatever's been built, so if you want the chrome & there are no chrome cars left, you'd have to pay the dealer to do it.

I'm assuming that if your local dealer has been allocated more (for example) Redline wagons than they have taken deposits for, and it's before late April, that you'd be able to specify the colour & factory-fitted options on a Redline wagon to your heart's content.

Reg Rabbit

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV SV Black
I thought I might have jumped the gun buying the SV Black instead of waiting for the limited editions but I think I did the right thing. With no power upgrade and (likely) minimal additional features I'm hard pressed to work out how they will charge more than the SV Black and nearly as much as an LSA.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
I thought I might have jumped the gun buying the SV Black instead of waiting for the limited editions but I think I did the right thing. With no power upgrade and (likely) minimal additional features I'm hard pressed to work out how they will charge more than the SV Black and nearly as much as an LSA.
They'll be charging whatever people will pay ... don't forget that to get extra features, people pay more than those features are worth (day-in day-out, a Redline doesn't have ~$12k more Stuff in it than an SS - that's mostly creamy profit).
You simply can't get heated seats & MRC in anything else, SV Black or otherwise, without going aftermarket (and probably paying a fair whack more as soon as you do that). And that's a big part of why they'll sell what they'll sell; either for the price they ask or, if they sit in dealers for a while, a bit less.

Of course that doesn't mean you (or I for that matter) would've been happy to wait & pay an extra $8k for some heated seats (in Sydney where they're not needed) and an electronic suspension-thingy which will crap-out in 10 years and then I'd be wearing the cost of converting back to a set of conventional springs & some Bilstiens.

OSH1360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden
man does this all give me a headache and put me between a rock and a hard place.

I had a October 15 build MY15 SSVR, I've just upgraded to a October 16 build MY16 SSVR..

I'm pretty sure I dont want the "motorsport" special edition, do I place an order for an October 17 MY17 SSVR or do I start spending money on my current one?

bLackjackj

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV
What have I been saying all along guys,..confirmed!

"We can confirm Holden has given select automotive media, including motoring.com.au, more details of the cars, briefings from the engineers involved in developing them and even a chance to drive them at speed.

But we have been asked to abide by a January 19 embargo on releasing that information."