Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MY17 Specs and Release Date

Super Coach

GTS, S, CV8Z, SSVR
Reaction score
Members Ride
GTS, S PAK, CV8Z, SSVR, CALAIS V, MSE
2 redline special pack auto sedans (both already sold), 1 special pack
Manual sedan and 1 manual special pack ute. Plus a Calais director (sold) and an additional redline special pack auto which we're keeping (allocated for the boss).

In regards to regular V8's, 1 SS sedan auto, 12 redline auto sedans, 4 manual redline sedans, 1 redline sedan black roof pack auto, 1 redline wagon and 1 redline ute auto.

It's not a lot of cars really. Especially when you get an enquiry on a regular SS wagon for instance, you just have to turn the person away.
what about Evoke, SV6 models? surely you got some of those as well?

timandhayley

Reaction score
Members Ride
Astra RS-V Hatch
There's no Evoke build allocated. If you get an order for an Evoke, we need to contact Holden and see if they can allocate one...

We got plenty of SV6, so much so that I'm not sure how we're going to sell them without a discount. Right from the start the V6's have never really sold without some form of incentive, people don't chase them like they do the V8's.

daz_au

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII
We got plenty of SV6, so much so that I'm not sure how we're going to sell them without a discount. Right from the start the V6's have never really sold without some form of incentive, people don't chase them like they do the V8's.

I reckon with the reduced build numbers and gap to the new model, they could have just built V8 only (apart from police and rental) and put them at RRP until sold. With no V8 in the near future, they would not really go stale. The 6cyl is a whole different segment and has a lot of competition, but if you want a V8 sedan, options are thin !

timandhayley

Reaction score
Members Ride
Astra RS-V Hatch
I reckon with the reduced build numbers and gap to the new model, they could have just built V8 only (apart from police and rental) and put them at RRP until sold. With no V8 in the near future, they would not really go stale. The 6cyl is a whole different segment and has a lot of competition, but if you want a V8 sedan, options are thin !
It definitely feels like they've under forecast V8 demand. V6 retail orders are always strong, but at discounted prices, not anything like full RRP. It's going to be interesting to see if they will pay incentives on SV6 etc, because at present it's $36490 on the road for a 2016 SV6 Black edition, whereas a 2017 SV6 runs into about $45000.

CalaisVLS3

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Calais V 6.2litre V8
I would assume that even with the huge american aftermarket crate engine market, that holden is still the largest customer of LS3 engines at the moment. I wonder when the last delivery of the LS3's from Mexico will be made or are the engines stockpiled in Melbourne? Does anyone know if the LS3 will remain in production as GM Powertrain crate engine after the last commodore V8 rolls out the door in Adelaide?

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
Somebody got my plates before I did. I actually ordered and paid for them and then was told too late someone already purchased them.

Attachments

• upload_2017-1-16_14-57-35.png
    upload_2017-1-16_14-57-35.png
    34.2 KB · Views: 256

daz_au

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII
Does anyone know if the LS3 will remain in production as GM Powertrain crate engine after the last commodore V8 rolls out the door in Adelaide?

GM still make brand new SBC engines in Mexico for the aftermarket, so I dare say they will make LS for a while also. They are doing LT crate engines now but people are still using LS as the fuel setup on the LT is more complex due to direct injection... plus there have been some high profile LT failures in the first Corvettes to use them.

Having said that, if you want one I cant see them being much cheaper here than right now. I bought one from a Holden surplus shop for $7200, a lot of engine for the money.... much cheaper than shipping it from the US.... at least while they come from Holden !

Martin Norris

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais 5.7
It definitely feels like they've under forecast V8 demand. V6 retail orders are always strong, but at discounted prices, not anything like full RRP. It's going to be interesting to see if they will pay incentives on SV6 etc, because at present it's $36490 on the road for a 2016 SV6 Black edition, whereas a 2017 SV6 runs into about $45000.
Hi Timandhayley, any advise on when the dealerships are going to be briefed on the MY17 line-up, it would have to be before Thursday I'd imagine. My dealer says no news to date but from their point of view they already have a sale, is changing car orders a PITA for them, thanks.

3rspecB

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSv Redline, White Manual Sedan
They should already have it. I ordered 30th Dec and the sales guy showed me MY17 commodore range and specs sheet.

Holden officially will update their website on the day they announce MY17 and the packs 19th i believe.

timandhayley

Reaction score
Members Ride
Astra RS-V Hatch
MY17 stuff is already out, has been for a while. I put up the spec changes and RRP increases a few weeks ago, along with confirmation of colour changes.

19/1/2017 is just confirmation of the 3 special pack models they are building from June onwards (Names, Features and prices). There's a few people holding out until then, but 99% of the information is already out, so I don't know what people are waiting for.