Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MY17 Specs and Release Date

redvxr8clubby

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Clubsport R8 & VE SS
It definitely feels like they've under forecast V8 demand. V6 retail orders are always strong, but at discounted prices, not anything like full RRP. It's going to be interesting to see if they will pay incentives on SV6 etc, because at present it's $36490 on the road for a 2016 SV6 Black edition, whereas a 2017 SV6 runs into about $45000.

I think once most of the MY16 SV6's stock are depleted, then miraculously the MY17's will be discounted similar to MY16's. Supply and demand will dictate.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
I hope you're right about the Chevy SS specs for the SE Redline Tim. It will make my decision not to go with HSV that much easier. Then again if it's wrong. The decision to spend more and go with a HSV will be easier.

woooo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Multiple
I guess if you go to the Chevrolet website and build your 2017 SS it might give you an indication of pricing and specs of the Holden Commodore SS Special Editions and photos too! http://www.chevrolet.com/ss-sports-sedan.html
Then do a simple USD to AUD conversion for your 2017 Holden SS Special Edition and vuala, bit of a price indication too, apprx $67000 AUD give or take. If all aligns. Maybe a few stickers here and there?

upload_2017-1-16_20-23-58.png

Last edited:

zero_tolerance

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 VFII Redline
How come the Chevy SS still gets the chrome but we are forced to have the blackout kit?

RedBadge

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 & VF SSV Redline LMF
How come the Chevy SS still gets the chrome but we are forced to have the blackout kit?
Good question zero. Oh i see, it's to match those black rims of course ! You know the one's that everyone except me, you and Martin love so much.

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
These are the option codes (RPO) for everything fitted to the car. Now these link up with individual models, so sometimes the same code on a different car can mean different things. If you look at the specs for a Chevy SS Sedan, the car will be very similar to that :)
I was going to look up the codes for you

Martin Norris

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais 5.7
Good question zero. Oh i see, it's to match those black rims of course ! You know the one's that everyone except me, you and Martin love so much.
Come on guys, its the current fad, and think of the time you'll save not having to clean the brake dust off the rims (which is exactly what the black rims remind me of). If Tim is correct re the Motor Sport edition which I expect he is, it makes the decision whether to stay with the redline or not a lot easier.

Martin Norris

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais 5.7
Buy he way, have you checked with your dealers whether the chrome is a no cost option, I'm sure I've read that somewhere.

Blue Calais

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SV6 Calais
Hi guys,
Does anyone know when HSV are planning on releasing their MY17 info?