Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MY17 Specs and Release Date

doug05

Reaction score
Members Ride
CV8Z Monaro & VF2 SSV Redline
I was really tempted to upgrade to a Light my fire MY17 SSVR, but with the 'new' specs and pricing, I think I am going to be more than happy with my 2016 Some like it hot SSVR. Still a great unique colour with a hint of orange - which I love.

Paulie81

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 VFII Prussian Steel SS-V Redline Manual
Im with you on the one. Very happy with my MY16 Redline with Blackout pack. Still get to keep the chrome around the windows and colour coded mirrors. Perfect for my taste.

RedBadge

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 & VF SSV Redline LMF
Hi Redbadge, you might want some luck finding an SS, the dealership I went through was getting 1 for the year. The Redline also has the FE3 suspension which was a big point for me, its handling with its staggered tyres being an advantage over the SS in addition to its competition mode. On a separate point, the name Holden has chosen for the special edition is a little strange IMO, MotorSport gives the impression it is track orientated yet with its MRC it will be slower around a circuit than a conventional SSVR (according to a US review). With its comfort based options maybe commemorative edition would be a more suitable name, again, that is just my opinion. Spending the additional 7K wisely on a SSVR would give you a pretty potent car but that said, would I pay the extra for a ME, I'll let you know tomorrow.
Hey Martin any word on the tpms for the redline ? Just about every single thing holden have changed my16 vs my17 i dislike. Colours, trim, blackouts. I know I'm dreaming but just imagine the sales for a Bathurst edition commodore, 375 kw factory any colour and trim, with or without sunroof. Choice of wheels. Choices or lack of is my problem now and I've been let down.. I'm not alone either. Yes i understand the reasons behind it all but still not happy. Just hope this LMF redline grows on me. I'm more than happy with the price I'm paying but not really ecstatic about what I'm ending up with. Ridiculous situation really.

Redline 2017

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 VF 2 SSV REDLINE
Sunroof yes, but I'm certain you can't get Brembos on anything other than a Redline.
Correct, the sway bar is different as the Brembos calipers have a different mounting point, part of the reason the ride in a redline is supple, yet grippy.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
On a separate point, the name Holden has chosen for the special edition is a little strange IMO, MotorSport gives the impression it is track orientated yet with its MRC it will be slower around a circuit than a conventional SSVR (according to a US review).
Remembering that the 3rd special edition is only a ute, I believe you're supposed to consider the MotorSport Edition and Director as being sort-of a "pair" ... the Director is the Calais-based luxo, the MotorSport is the Redline-based sporty one. When looked at as the sportier twin, the name makes sense; well, to me. :)

Also, FE3 suspension, staggered rims, and a badge.
And the better stereo.
As long as you don't get a wagon. *grumpycat.jpg*

3rspecB

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSv Redline, White Manual Sedan
The Director will be less busy too as it doesn't get the decals down the side of the car like the Motorsport Edition does.

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
Hey Martin any word on the tpms for the redline ? Just about every single thing holden have changed my16 vs my17 i dislike. Colours, trim, blackouts. I know I'm dreaming but just imagine the sales for a Bathurst edition commodore, 375 kw factory any colour and trim, with or without sunroof. Choice of wheels. Choices or lack of is my problem now and I've been let down.. I'm not alone either. Yes i understand the reasons behind it all but still not happy. Just hope this LMF redline grows on me. I'm more than happy with the price I'm paying but not really ecstatic about what I'm ending up with. Ridiculous situation really.
TPMS is on my MY17 redline. No mention of it in the specs. I noticed the steel valves on the wheels as soon as I saw it. Actually I did see them on the "son of a gun" redline that was parked in the carpark a couple of weeks ago.

woooo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Multiple
Well after months of speculation, i am now super happy with my (last) SSV 16 model everything I wanted the way I like it (not to mention price )
Can't wait to see the special editions today.

Martin Norris

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais 5.7
Yes,
Remembering that the 3rd special edition is only a ute, I believe you're supposed to consider the MotorSport Edition and Director as being sort-of a "pair" ... the Director is the Calais-based luxo, the MotorSport is the Redline-based sporty one. When looked at as the sportier twin, the name makes sense; well, to me. :)

And the better stereo.
As long as you don't get a wagon. *grumpycat.jpg*
Hi Forg, When you look at it like that, comparing the Calais version against the Redline it does make sense, but a few years down the track when the ME is compared to the SSVR will people/journos be more critical of the name, I guess time will tell. I just want to see some images, I have an ME on "hold" till this avo.

daz_au

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII
So whats Holden's plan here. No live feed, nothing on twitter, facebook, their own website, no emails to the people that registered. Just let CarAdvice put the info up at 2pm.... these special editions must be pretty special, guess they figure people will buy them even on a zero marketing spend.