Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MY17 Specs and Release Date

EternityDre

Reaction score
Members Ride
MSE #385
So whats Holden's plan here. No live feed, nothing on twitter, facebook, their own website, no emails to the people that registered. Just let CarAdvice put the info up at 2pm.... these special editions must be pretty special, guess they figure people will buy them even on a zero marketing spend.

Seems to be the case :( But it's great that CarAdvice is going to have so much content ready on the dot.

Martyr

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SS
As much as I hate to say it, I think the my17 SS now looks better than the Redline.
The SS has the chrome trim, colour coded mirror scalps and machine finish wheels vs everything black on the Redline.

Agreed. It's all about the wheels and IMO, black should have not been standard on redline.

EternityDre

Reaction score
Members Ride
MSE #385
Agreed. It's all about the wheels and IMO, black should have not been standard on redline.

I personally think the black wheels on our Redlines are way better than the chrome wheels sent to the US on the SS. Like anything else its a subjective thing. I think it's telling though that MY17 Redlines now come standard with blackout kits because of the massively high rate of take-up seen previously i.e. more people prefer black over lots of chrome.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
I personally think the black wheels on our Redlines are way better than the chrome wheels sent to the US on the SS. Like anything else its a subjective thing. I think it's telling though that MY17 Redlines now come standard with blackout kits because of the massively high rate of take-up seen previously i.e. more people prefer black over lots of chrome.
I'm with you on the wheel colour (although I think they're getting silver MY15/16/17 wheels, which I also prefer black over) ... but if what I've been reading on here is representative we may not be in the majority.
I'm also with you on the black vs chrome trim, I reckon if you look at the start of this thread everyone was saying "chrome is dumb, black should be default". :)

JRS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Maloo
I agree with Martyr - the chrome wheels look good with darker colours especially the blues and the oranges again different tastes.

zero_tolerance

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 VFII Redline
Each to their own, but I think it's sad that the base SS now looks more upmarket than a Redline.
All that black makes the Redline look like a tarted up Evoke.
Holden at least could have left the choice up to the customer, instead of forcing it upon us.

ss1.jpg

redline1.jpg

Martyr

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SS
I agree with Martyr - the chrome wheels look good with darker colours especially the blues and the oranges again different tastes.

Yeah I think black wheels and blackout kit is sensational on white. but on dark greys, silver/chrome looks sensational. There was a picture of an SV6 prussian steel with HF20's in another thread that looks better than any stock wheeled redline combo.

Stolen from saroadie;
a-jpg.189339

profaine

Reaction score
Members Ride
Car
At least some models you can option certain parts as blacked out, I am thinking black out side vents and around the DRL but chrome for the rest of the bumper might be the winner....

LastV8?

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 VF2 Redline
I'm with you on the wheel colour (although I think they're getting silver MY15/16/17 wheels, which I also prefer black over) ... but if what I've been reading on here is representative we may not be in the majority.
I'm also with you on the black vs chrome trim, I reckon if you look at the start of this thread everyone was saying "chrome is dumb, black should be default". :)
Well for all the people who have recently started contributing this thread that don't like the blackout kit, there are still plenty of MY16s out there which are $1000s cheaper than an MY17 especially during the sale so why not go and buy one with all the chrome you want instead of complaining? I for one am really happy that my MY17 on order has full blackout because all that chrome has put me off updating till now.

A Dawg

Reaction score
Members Ride
ssv ute SE
just heard the new SE's have an oil cooler. Why would this be the case unless the new models have a power/performance upgrade?