Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MY17 Specs and Release Date

zero_tolerance

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 VFII Redline
I got both opticoat and optiguard a week after delivery last April. Exterior and interior are still like new. Water doesn't just bead off, it's like it literally runs away. Road tar and bird crap can be dabbed off with a damp cloth.

I love it. I hope the OP gets looked after but it's important to remember that all this dealer applied stuff is where they make their real money. I personally wouldn't trust it, heard too many horror stories, but that's just my opinion.

After plenty of research, opticoat/guard were the clear choice for me

I've already got my Redline booked in with a professional detailer for Opticoat Pro+. Its a two day process where the car will undergo a thorough wash, detail and multi stage correction to remove any swirls imperfections and contaminants before 2 coats of Opticoat Pro+ are applied. After many hours of research I concluded that this was the best way to go.
It wasn't the cheapest option out there but this detailer is a perfectionist who is renown for his work.
The dealer offered me a 'Protektiv' package but after reading numerous negative reviews I politely declined.
I'm still trying to decide what to do with the interior, as I've been told interior protection is not really necessary and a waste of money.

LS3Director

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 Director
As I am now happily locked in for my limited edition motorsport later in the year, I would be interested to here from others in the same position (or any of the other limited edition models buyers) as to their choice of:

A/ Colour - and why (has anyone gone for the nitrate or spitfire which have not been shown officially yet in any of the models)? I am torn between the white or the red.
B/ Is anyone opting for the slim black spoiler on the motorsport instead of the big spoiler?
C/ Has anyone opted for the recommended accessories ie red holden logo wheel caps, car cover, hood decal etc?

New to the forum. Holden Employee. Director

A/ looking at a SOAG or White
B/ spoiler not an option
C/ will get red logo wheel caps, car cover, considering 6.2 decal (thoughts?). Also looking at Walky pack, window tint & Opticoat

Disappointed no Biante model on Director as these will be worth quite a bit quite quickly.

markalan1two

Smile and wave boys !!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
X5 BMW, GenF2 GTS, HSV Y R8, AMG C43
New to the forum. Holden Employee. Director

A/ looking at a SOAG or White
B/ spoiler not an option
C/ will get red logo wheel caps, car cover, considering 6.2 decal (thoughts?). Also looking at Walky pack, window tint & Opticoat

Disappointed no Biante model on Director as these will be worth quite a bit quite quickly.
nice work

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 HSV30 Senator, 2002 Corolla..
I've already got my Redline booked in with a professional detailer for Opticoat Pro+. Its a two day process where the car will undergo a thorough wash, detail and multi stage correction to remove any swirls imperfections and contaminants before 2 coats of Opticoat Pro+ are applied. After many hours of research I concluded that this was the best way to go.
It wasn't the cheapest option out there but this detailer is a perfectionist who is renown for his work.
The dealer offered me a 'Protektiv' package but after reading numerous negative reviews I politely declined.
I'm still trying to decide what to do with the interior, as I've been told interior protection is not really necessary and a waste of money.

Mine was a two day job too mate. Couldn't be happier. I got a package deal with opticoat/optiguard (interior) and tint. For me the optiguard interior protection was a no brainer as it wasn't that much more to include it in the package. By the same company who makes opticoat and with a lifetime guarantee.

I researched and I was happy with what I read. And I've certainly been happy with how both coatings have performed so far.

EternityDre

Reaction score
Members Ride
MSE #385

Zero I have a guy in mind in Melb but haven't looked in it in too much detail yet. Do you mind sending me a pm with your guy and the price you're paying?

Maxmad

Reaction score
Members Ride
E2 HSV R8

You're based in Melbourne aren't you? Where have you booked it in to?

zero_tolerance

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 VFII Redline
Wow! He does some awesome work! I think I'm convinced getting my protection done here, so thanks for the link!

Yeah, have a look through his gallery at all the high end cars he's done. He obviously doesn't muck around.
All his reviews rave about him. He's booked out at least 2 months in advance.. which suited me as I don't get my car till march anyway.

TheBman

Reaction score
Members Ride
Captiva LX
Yeah, have a look through his gallery at all the high end cars he's done. He obviously doesn't muck around.
All his reviews rave about him. He's booked out at least 2 months in advance.. which suited me as I don't get my car till march anyway.

Yeah, likewise, March delivery. Have to try and somehow work this into my novated lease, but doubt I can swing it. Do you mind me asking what range you are looking at price wise for the treatment you're getting? Either way I might buzz him tomorrow.