Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MY17 Specs and Release Date

zero_tolerance

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 VFII Redline
Hi Zero Tolerance
I noticed your previous ride was a MY 10 VE Calais.
That's exactly what I'm driving until my MY 17 Redline arrives.
I'm not sure whether to keep the VE Calais as a daily or sell it when I get the Redline.
To help me make that decision could you tell me was it a headache selling your Calais? And did you find a buyer for your Calais easily.
Would you mind telling me what price you got for it so I can know what to expect to get for mine should I decide to sell.
Details of my VE Calias to compare-
2010 Calais V6 auto in Nitrate Silver with 85000km and rego to Oct'2017, with log books and full service history and always garaged and in excellent condition.
What do you think I could get for it?

Hi LCFC,
Mine was 09/2009, Nitrate, 103,000km with full service history and immaculate inside/out.
Advertised for 3 weeks, only had 2 calls, second caller came out to look at it. Had it advertised for $13,900 and
accepted offer of $12,500 which I was happy with. The problem is that there are a shitload of Calais V's on carsales
so most buyers overlook the regular Calais.
20170106_191438.jpg

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Yeah, I read through the spec sheets on each of the cars, and SS doesn't really miss out on that much. Missing out on the rain sensing wipers, forward collision alert / lane departure warning, TPMS, doesn't worry me anyway. Really, all I really wanted was the Brembo's and the leather trim.

I have heard reports that Redline has different gear or diff ratio - is that true?
I know how you feel re your local dealer... But, they'll sell the SS anyway. It won't cost much to freight a Refline from anywhere. lf it was me, the disappointment of not getting the car I really wanted would linger. I'd regret not purchasing the car i wanted, at the right price.

LCFC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais, VF2 Redline
Hi LCFC,
Mine was 09/2009, Nitrate, 103,000km with full service history and immaculate inside/out.
Advertised for 3 weeks, only had 2 calls, second caller came out to look at it. Had it advertised for $13,900 and
accepted offer of $12,500 which I was happy with. The problem is that there are a shitload of Calais V's on carsales
so most buyers overlook the regular Calais.
View attachment 190448

Nice Calais mate
Yeah I saw all the Calais V's on car sales also, that's why I was interested to know how you went selling yours.
The only thing I noticed though was that the Calais V owners were asking a lot more $ for them which I think helps send buyers that are looking for value towards the more affordable but still well appointed Calais, especially in the used car market, remembering your getting a luxury vehicle in great condition for under$15000, what a bargin!

redvxr8clubby

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Clubsport R8 & VE SS
Hi Zero Tolerance
I noticed your previous ride was a MY 10 VE Calais.
That's exactly what I'm driving until my MY 17 Redline arrives.
I'm not sure whether to keep the VE Calais as a daily or sell it when I get the Redline.
To help me make that decision could you tell me was it a headache selling your Calais? And did you find a buyer for your Calais easily.
Would you mind telling me what price you got for it so I can know what to expect to get for mine should I decide to sell.
Details of my VE Calias to compare-
2010 Calais V6 auto in Nitrate Silver with 85000km and rego to Oct'2017, with log books and full service history and always garaged and in excellent condition.
What do you think I could get for it?

If you advertise it on carsales, you want to check out ads for similar cars to yours. This one is over 2 Hours west of Sydney, Toyota dealership (I'm thinkng that would be Bathurst - $13888 for a 2012 Calais V with 114,000 Km on it
https://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/Holden-Calais-2012/OAG-AD-13700340/?Cr=29
Edit - I'd be thinking don't advertise for more than $15000 bearing in mind search criteria, buyers could well be searching with $15,000 Max price at least they'll see your ad - you've got very good kms on the car, hopefully you'd get at least $13,000 for it.

Last edited:

MALUR8

Reaction score
Members Ride
WM Caprice & VE2 Omega
If you advertise it on carsales, you want to check out ads for similar cars to yours. This one is over 2 Hours west of Sydney, Toyota dealership (I'm thinkng that would be Bathurst - $13888 for a 2012 Calais V with 114,000 Km on it
https://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/Holden-Calais-2012/OAG-AD-13700340/?Cr=29
Edit - I'd be thinking don't advertise for more than $15000 bearing in mind search criteria, buyers could well be searching with $15,000 Max price at least they'll see your ad - you've got very good kms on the car, hopefully you'd get at least $13,000 for it.

I sold my Black 2010 Calais V V8 with 60,000 kms in November after getting my Redline. Had it for sale for 3 months on car sales for $20k and was determined not to drop it because was immaculate.
Ended up selling it without dropping a cent- both parties super happy as gentleman had been looking for a low k V8 Calais for ages. There is a buyer for everything but time is the factor. Having said this I think V8 Calais are a lot easier to move.

dgp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline
Anyone looking for a Spitfire Redline Sportwagon?
There is one at my local dealer in Warrnambool VIC.

IMG_6363.JPG

VFII•17

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII MY17 SS-V Redline Sedan LMF
I found my SS-V Redline in pieces at the Holden factory...

Attachments

• Holden factory - car in pieces.jpg
    Holden factory - car in pieces.jpg
    349 KB · Views: 300

LMF 17

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSVR
Anyone looking for a Spitfire Redline Sportwagon?
There is one at my local dealer in Warrnambool VIC.

View attachment 190456
Hey DGP, seen it out the front when I was down there last week for work, almost made me change my mind on LMF for my sedan, but not sure I could live with it. Does stand out though, to all those considering it will definitely get you noticed.

dgp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline
Hey DGP, seen it out the front when I was down there last week for work, almost made me change my mind on LMF for my sedan, but not sure I could live with it. Does stand out though, to all those considering it will definitely get you noticed.

Sure would get you noticed, I think it's too much on the wagon, great on the ute though.

Comfal

Reaction score
I went to a dealer yesterday and noticed the SV6 sedan fuel economy sticker now has 9.1l/100 Kms up from 9.0/100. I know this is minor but something must have changed with MY17. Anybody have any ideas?