Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MY17 Specs and Release Date

MY17DIR

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 LE Director....
I emailed Walkinshaw but received a reply from HPF in dandenong. They said 25-30mm drop all round and around 20% stiffer then the stock springs..

Would HSV springs be a better option? Ive heard them talked about on here.

3rspecB

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSv Redline, White Manual Sedan
I've been told that the HSV springs are not any lower. Their wheels sit closer to the guard which gives the illusion of being more low. I'm catching up with some chassis engineers at Holden in the next couple of weeks and will ask the question again.

TheBman

Reaction score
Members Ride
Captiva LX
Sorry for the radio silence and thanks for the words of support all. I had an apology from the dealer principal and they gave me a SS-V to drive around whilst they were busy finalising the car with the accessories, including the tow bar.

3 1/2 hrs later I picked it up. They still forgot the free tank of fuel and said they'd do the tint on the first service.

The tint is free, and the first two chargeable services they'll do at no charge.

I guess at the end of the day, the car is here, wasn't the greatest experience and a real dropping of the ball. But I've calmed down now and just enjoying the new drive. Keen to put the experience behind me.

I'll get some photos up tomorrow hopefully, but wow, what a car! Where I live has about 20km of winding country roads and the handling and cornering was superb.

RedBadge

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 & VF SSV Redline LMF
So I took some annual leave and have just spent 2hrs of bus rides and train trips to get to the dealer for pickup at 1pm and he calls me at 12:40pm advising there's been a mixup and it won't be ready till Friday!

I'm livid, just livid.

I can't go back so things might get ugly in about 10 minutes time!
Hey TheBman. That sucks alright mate am I'm feeling some of your pain with delays too. I also took annual leave and have had to change flights although my problems stem from the "gentle" inundation flood water at Rockhampton rather than my dealer who has been quite understanding and professional. Pick up for me is now next Monday. Putting things in perspective though, my issues are nought compared to some who have lost everything up here with this recent cyclone.
WRT your dealer, did they offer to pick you up or pay transport costs or a taxi fare to get you to the pick up stage in the first instance ? On 2 occasions now separate dealerships have offered to assist with free transport from airports in my case and one was for a second hand car worth under $10 k. So i guess my point is if your dealer hasn't offered to assist with transport why haven't they ? And if they did why did they if the vehicle wasn't ready in the first place. Definitely time for a "discussion" with the dealership manager for a frank explanation and possible compensation. Good luck with it anyway.

RedBadge

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 & VF SSV Redline LMF
Sorry for the radio silence and thanks for the words of support all. I had an apology from the dealer principal and they gave me a SS-V to drive around whilst they were busy finalising the car with the accessories, including the tow bar.

3 1/2 hrs later I picked it up. They still forgot the free tank of fuel and said they'd do the tint on the first service.

The tint is free, and the first two chargeable services they'll do at no charge.

I guess at the end of the day, the car is here, wasn't the greatest experience and a real dropping of the ball. But I've calmed down now and just enjoying the new drive. Keen to put the experience behind me.

I'll get some photos up tomorrow hopefully, but wow, what a car! Where I live has about 20km of winding country roads and the handling and cornering was superb.
Ah. I hadn't seen your recent post before i sent mine in. Glad you can move on TheBman. Must have been a good discussion then. Enjoy your new car mate.

Redline 2017

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 VF 2 SSV REDLINE
So I took some annual leave and have just spent 2hrs of bus rides and train trips to get to the dealer for pickup at 1pm and he calls me at 12:40pm advising there's been a mixup and it won't be ready till Friday!

I'm livid, just livid.

I can't go back so things might get ugly in about 10 minutes time!
FRUSTRATING

Cusch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V Wagon 6.0L
I emailed Walkinshaw but received a reply from HPF in dandenong. They said 25-30mm drop all round and around 20% stiffer then the stock springs..
That's strange, I actually emailed them about an aerial and received a reply from them not HPF........ I'm curious now

zero_tolerance

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 VFII Redline

Congrats, and great to hear that you ended up getting your car today and not having to wait till Friday.
After your initial post I was expecting to see a headline on the evening news "Man goes ballistic in Holden dealership". Lol.
Seriously though, did they give you any sort of explanation as to how they f***ed up so badly?