Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MY17 Specs and Release Date

RedBadge

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 & VF SSV Redline LMF
I will await for the dealer to contact me. Simple. As for losing interest, well, my new job allows me to drive almost any car I want. So I drove the current Insignia (now discontinued) and I liked it. Yes, I know it's different to the VFII. I'll post my comments on the Commodore NG thread soon.
Hey VFII-17. It's an open forum and you can pretty much say what you want and ask anything remembering to keep things civil. My comments were sincere and certainly no disrespect was intended. There is absolutely nothing wrong with being passionate about a new car purchase. For some people a new car purchase doesn't occur often and it is meant to be special occasion. Keep the faith mate, as Cuda said your interest will return when she arrives.
As stated before the lack of knowledge from dealerships relating to this car is incredulous, i don't get that and it's disappointing alright. The lack of choice on colours and external trim was something else that disappointed me. Like a lot of others i ordered LMF sight unseen. You will be very happy with it for sure. The black surrounds really do work on this colour which I'm pleasantly surprised about as well. Having a vf sv6 already, the things i notice first when driving the redline are it's comfortable seats, business like firm suspension and the brakes. The hp rounds of the package. It's one of those toys where you simply "take it out and play with it". I paid $206 for the centre caps delivered with gst. $20 cheaper without freight. It only took me a bit over an hour to put the caps on going steady. Good opportunity to clean the brake dust off the calipers too. It's always an advantage to change a tyre in a controlled manner in your shed / garage rather than out on the road with a new vehicle i have found. That way there are less surprises when required to change one elsewhere.

Last edited:

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
I will await for the dealer to contact me. Simple. As for losing interest, well, my new job allows me to drive almost any car I want. So I drove the current Insignia (now discontinued) and I liked it. Yes, I know it's different to the VFII. I'll post my comments on the Commodore NG thread soon.
I reckon I'd like it too.

VFII•17

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII MY17 SS-V Redline Sedan LMF
Hey VFII-17. It's an open forum and you can pretty much say what you want and ask anything remembering to keep things civil. My comments were sincere and certainly no disrespect was intended. There is absolutely nothing wrong with being passionate about a new car purchase. For some people a new car purchase doesn't occur often and it is meant to be special occasion. Keep the faith mate, as Cuda said your interest will return when she arrives.
As stated before the lack of knowledge from dealerships relating to this car is incredulous, i don't get that and it's disappointing alright. The lack of choice on colours and external trim was something else that disappointed me. Like a lot of others i ordered LMF sight unseen. You will be very happy with it for sure. The black surrounds really do work on this colour which I'm pleasantly surprised about as well. Having a vf sv6 already, the things i notice first when driving the redline are it's comfortable seats, business like firm suspension and the brakes. The hp rounds of the package. It's one of those toys where you simply "take it out and play with it". I paid $206 for the centre caps delivered with gst. $20 cheaper without freight. It only took me a bit over an hour to put the caps on going steady. Good opportunity to clean the brake dust off the calipers too. It's always an advantage to change a tyre in a controlled manner in your shed / garage rather than out on the road with a new vehicle i have found. That way there are less surprises when required to change one elsewhere.

Thank you for your comments. I got a little annoyed yesterday when I didn't hear from the dealer. So the good news is that I got a phone call from the dealer today, and the car has arrived, booked in for tint on Monday, and ready for collection on Wednesday - my day off, how convenient! I asked when it was delivered and he said yesterday (Wednesday.)

Anyway, that aside, I did ask for a price for the red centre caps to be replaced by the dealer and I keep the old ones. He stated that he will get back to me for a price. I asked one other dealer and he gave me an approx price. I have your price as reference. I'll keep you posted.

CyanPixie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII MY17 SSV Redline - Slipstream Blue
Thank you for your comments. I got a little annoyed yesterday when I didn't hear from the dealer. So the good news is that I got a phone call from the dealer today, and the car has arrived, booked in for tint on Monday, and ready for collection on Wednesday - my day off, how convenient! I asked when it was delivered and he said yesterday (Wednesday.)

Anyway, that aside, I did ask for a price for the red centre caps to be replaced by the dealer and I keep the old ones. He stated that he will get back to me for a price. I asked one other dealer and he gave me an approx price. I have your price as reference. I'll keep you posted.

Wow, Wednesday must be a busy day for dealers. I have been told my car should be ready for collection on Wednesday as well. I don't have the day off, but there will be a cloud of dust and a spinning chair at my desk when I get that call.....

As for the red centre caps, I have been charged $188+GST for them.

Walfers62

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SS-V Redline Manual
$169 is retail cost for 4 red centre caps, anything more is mark up!

LastV8?

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 VF2 Redline
Wow, Wednesday must be a busy day for dealers. I have been told my car should be ready for collection on Wednesday as well. I don't have the day off, but there will be a cloud of dust and a spinning chair at my desk when I get that call.....

As for the red centre caps, I have been charged $188+GST for them.
End of month sales figures at stake. not a great time to have your car delivered as dealers likely to be rushing everything out the door ASAP

Dirty Harry

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF MY17 Series 2 Redline - Red Hot
I got quoted $169 for the caps from a Canberra dealer.

RED LION

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Redline
$169 is retail cost for 4 red centre caps, anything more is mark up!

Wow not cheap!
I was thinking of getting some to put on my Koyas. Anyone know if they'd fit?

RedBadge

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 & VF SSV Redline LMF

No worries VFII-17. Hope it all goes well next Wednesday.

SSteve

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII MY17 SSV Redline Manual Heron White

Awesome mate, told you to hang in there...now reset the counter to the new pickup time!