Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MY17 Specs and Release Date

VFII•17

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII MY17 SS-V Redline Sedan LMF
A bit more detail then. Love the colour, love the sound, love how the car rides and handles and love the way it looks sitting still and in my garage. As I complete more km's I will have more detail to add but that covers it at this stage. Only had two days so more adventures will happen in the months and years to come. so back to my first comment "simply awesome"

Nice.. I can't wait to give everyone a "simply awesome" comment..

Martin Norris

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais 5.7
Thanks Martin, pretty sure I meant that it's getting the MRC suspension "pack" as opposed to FE3, the dampers on FE3 are a larger diameter and obviously a whole different rebound rate etc than say, typical FE2 stuff, so naturally I assumed that the coils would be a different rate to suit and also maybe a height change, that's all.
No worries Redline 2017, yes there's a marked difference between FE2 and FE3 (springs and shocks) but as far as I knew the only difference between FE3 and MRC was the shockers. I'm trying to establish if there is any difference in the springs, heard a bit of a rumor but there's never been anything from Holden stating there is any difference.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
It's a testament to how good the electronics are. Even a useless driver will find it hard to crash a VF

I luv how many settings it has. makes the falcon look like a dinosaur
Yes the gizmos are great. But. Zero is spot on. It's a fine chassis. Turn off your ESP, TRX, etc completely and feel just how good it is without the electronic intervention. Actually, as you use yours for track use, I'm surprised if you don't do this already?

Troyziee

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 SSV-R Sportwagon
On the subject of turning all the aids off (which i have no intention of doing TBH), what is the competition mode? and how do you get into it?
i've heard pressing the traction button twice gets you into it, is this right? and does it come up on the dash saying you've entered competition mode, and does it just give you a little more slip, but still keep it in line, or whats it all about

dgp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline
On the subject of turning all the aids off (which i have no intention of doing TBH), what is the competition mode? and how do you get into it?
i've heard pressing the traction button twice gets you into it, is this right? and does it come up on the dash saying you've entered competition mode, and does it just give you a little more slip, but still keep it in line, or whats it all about

Correct on all accounts.

3rspecB

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSv Redline, White Manual Sedan
If you have a manual, competitve mode also activates launch control :)

VFII•17

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII MY17 SS-V Redline Sedan LMF
If you have a manual, competitve mode also activates launch control :)

I was reading this on the US SS forums about a month back and someone stated that there is a launch control in competitive mode on a Redline. I replied with "there is no competitive mode on a Redline unless you have an MSE or HSV, unless there is something I don't know!" So I just read an article just last week that there is launch control, but only in manual. Well, I get my manual Redline tomorrow and I shall find out ;)

3rspecB

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSv Redline, White Manual Sedan
Launch control when in competitve mode has been in manual Redlines since VF1..
Wait till you put some kms on the car before using it. I did my 1st launch control take off in my VF2 last week :D

arronm

Reaction score
Members Ride
FPV F6 VF Redline WGN
Yes the gizmos are great. But. Zero is spot on. It's a fine chassis. Turn off your ESP, TRX, etc completely and feel just how good it is without the electronic intervention. Actually, as you use yours for track use, I'm surprised if you don't do this already?

At the track I turn everything off and shift manually. The blip of the throttle really helps on the downshifts at the track. Makes you look like a tool on the street though.