Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MY17 Specs and Release Date

V8Virgin

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 VF SSV Redline
They do say good things come to those who wait !!
I do have a question regarding the bonnet protector does anyone have a pic of the smoked protector on a LMF ?
Just had the bonnet on our Mazda3 repainted it was covered in chips and needed done although not that noticeable after a freight truck backed his trailer over it,squashed the bonnet...very lucky no other damage apart from bonnet!! I didn't have a bonnet protector and wondered if that would have helped reduce stone damage don't think they do much to stop truck trailers !!

KT11H

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Redline Ute
I gave up on "stone chips", put the sport armour on but found another chip on the lower front chrome trim (2016 model) and one on the windscreen today. So far after 6 months, there are around 10 chips at the front, only 2 on the bonnet. Just have to accept "stone chips" as part of motoring.

V8Virgin

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 VF SSV Redline
Yes I appreciate you cannot expect no damage from stones, just wondered if the bonnet protector would keep some of the smaller stones away. It's another two hundred and something dollars but maybe give a bit longer before needing touched up. Opinions seem divided on the net as to there effectiveness. Any thoughts ??

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Yes I appreciate you cannot expect no damage from stones, just wondered if the bonnet protector would keep some of the smaller stones away. It's another two hundred and something dollars but maybe give a bit longer before needing touched up. Opinions seem divided on the net as to there effectiveness. Any thoughts ??
I have a a black one on mine. I reckon they will add some protection. To the bonnet. Probably deflect a few stones at the screen and roof though?

Colonel6061

Reaction score
Members Ride
Director
Hard to say, but Murph's law says is if you don't you will get chips exactly where the proctector would have been, put it on and you will get chips all around where it is, I reckon just leave it off and take your chances, they look better without the protector. I think you can actually get a protector film which adds some protection to the same area on the front of the bonnet without the visual impact, I had it on my 2003 VY Calais and it did seem to work, and was nearly invisible

V8Virgin

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 VF SSV Redline
:)
IMG_0084.JPG
IMG_0086.JPG
IMG_0085.JPG
Well she has made it to the showroom!! The plan is to head up and get her next week....can't wait!!
Actually I have been very patient it will be almost six months to the day !! I got the salesman to send me some pics,will get some more next week :)

lmfvf2ssredlineute

Reaction score
Members Ride
vf2 ssv redline lmf ute
wow thats worth the long wait , shes a beauty and love the colour, congrats mate look after her

SSteve

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII MY17 SSV Redline Manual Heron White
Awesome! It would be good knowing that she's being kept indoors waiting for you.

V8Virgin

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 VF SSV Redline
Awesome! It would be good knowing that she's being kept indoors waiting for you.
Yes nice knowing she's all tucked up inside! The salesman was more than happy to have her sitting in pride of place in the showroom for a few days. It's the first LMF they have had and have been getting lots of positive feedback back about the colour!!