Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Mylink and Samsumg mobile 5.1.1 operating system

diysv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF S1 SV6 STORM A6: VZ S1 SV6 A5
Hello all,

My Samsung mobile worked OK as far as making and answering calls via the MyLink up to about a year or two back. I don't use the mobile in the car normally.
Went to prepare for an upcoming trip and thought I would check out the mobile/MyLink connectivity. My mobile said it was paired to MyLink, but it would not work at all. MyLink - said it could not find the mobile and offered me the 4 digit code..

I think there has been an update in the MyLink, since my last big holiday trip, and I cannot pair the mobile as before. I know my mobile is Android 5.1.1 .

Anyone know the version of Android that MyLink does or does not work with?

Guess I could try for a refurbished later model Samsung.
Looking at the demise of the Commodore, will the MyLink be updated/managed into 2020 and later. My warranty period was 5 years and expires Sept 2020.

Holden seems to have a "normal wear and tear" excuse for all things that are bad workmanship or poor product design once the vehicle gets over 3 years old. The mob managing the Warranty is now a private company, insurance company?, not Holden I'm told.

Thanks in anticipation of your assistance.

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
Android 5.1 came out in 2015 and mylink was 2013 so it should work but you never know.
I dont have any 5 devices to test but you could try pairing it then turning bluetooth of and on and see if it connects because bluetooth connections can be dodgy and not always work.

The mylink will probably not see any updates going forward unless it is something major.

As for the warranty i would make sure you were not sold a 3rd party warranty like awn because they are horrible.
As far as i know the "holden factory warranty" is handled by gm/holden.
I recently had a full engine replacement warranty claim and it was handled by holden.

The only private ones i have heard of are the ones like awn and they should be avoided like the plague that they are.

Big Red VF-SII Go-kart

I love puddles.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII MY17 SV6 (LFX) Sportwagon (SOLD)
Make sure WiFi is OFF in settings on the phone. MyLink will offer a code but will not connect if WiFi and Bluetooth are competing.
I have 8 devices paired in my VF, no problem at all in connecting any (individually).

Big Red VF-SII Go-kart

I love puddles.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII MY17 SV6 (LFX) Sportwagon (SOLD)
Posted twice...o_O

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
will not connect if WiFi and Bluetooth are competing.

that must be a software bug with a particular version of android or ios because bluetooth and wifi are 2 totally different modules and antennas etc and will not interfere with each other so they should not be "competing" especially with the mylink as the mylink has no wifi hardware.

by design bluetooth and wifi are supposed to work together so i wonder if it is a bug with android 5.1.