Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Mysterious water leak in drivers rear door!!!!!!

nathanVY

such boost
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY LS1 Turbo Calais, 2005 4Gen Liberty Wagon
Hey everyone. Everytime it rains, I open the rear drivers door to find a puddle of water sitting on the plastic covering before you get to the seats/carpet etc.

I'm at a loss as to where it's coming in! There was a rubber stopper missing from the door.... so I put one in and it still leaks, the door seal on interior seems to be ok, although I haven't fully taken it out yet but I have checked around the leak area for any obvious signs.

There is some other rubber bits on the door its-self like seals that i'm not sure about...

As it's likely to rain EVERY DAY from now until the end of time I'd like to get this fixed lol. Probably just needs some silicone somewhere or a new seal but have to find it first!

So anyone know what it could be?? Any common leaky bits, etc?

Cheers!

ashleysnep

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
355 VN GRP A REP
Checked the rear quater window on that side? Take the trim off and check for water running down there.

Mine drips on my seat I just havent been bothered fixing it cause its only when its got a hose directly on it :p

nathanVY

such boost
Reaction score
Members Ride
Checked the rear quater window on that side? Take the trim off and check for water running down there.

Mine drips on my seat I just havent been bothered fixing it cause its only when its got a hose directly on it :p

Nah haven't checked that actually. there's mad rust on the inside very bottom of the door. Looks like it's under the paint :S

Will take the seats/trims out and stick some sound proofing in there and silicone it all up.

96calais

Reaction score
Members Ride
96 vs calais series 1
so the rust has set in hey nathan, id take the door trim and clear plastic back off and hose the outside, process of elimination. tell us what ya find dude.

vr94ss

walks barefoot
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS '94/Subi B4 TT '01
Doors have drain holes in the bottom to let the water out. These may be blocked. Open the door and look under, poke something through them.

kieransVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 VS executive commodore wagon
hey does anyone no if u can swap air bag suspension from a toyota hiace to a vs wagon

Wombles

Cars cost too much.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'72 LJ Torana, '95 VS Acclaim and V8 wagon
I have the same sort of problem. Kinda.

nathanVY

such boost
Reaction score
Members Ride
yeah I had the rear seats out the other day and have a quick look around the area and couldnt see any water / rust trails!

I didn't take the trim off around the quarter though. but if it was leaking from there wouldn't it have a trail downwards??? I'm inclined to think the door is somehow leaking!