Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Mystery Chime

Roddan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
I have July 2010 VE Omega Sedan, fitted with Factory Dual Fuel, and I have an intriguing issue, that I can't seem to find any info on.
When we are cruising along, at anywhere between 30 and 90Kmh, we will intermittently hear a soft, two-tone chime, a "ding, ding" sound. It does not matter if Cruise Control is on or off, and it is NOT the Over Speed warning. I have searched through the Trip Computer menus, and I can't see anything that might explain this sound. Likewise, the owner's manual also does not shed any light on the sound. When the sound occurs, there is no indication on the instrument panel that appears to relate to this sound. Additionally, I can not find any suggestions online, that might give me a clue as to what the sound may be.
In all other respects, the car is running perfectly. If any other owner can give me a clue as to what this sound may indicate, I would be most grateful. Thank you.
R.G. (Rod) Eagle

cewing

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV SWAGON
Maybe try using an obd scanner whilst driving? For $5 it's worth a try.
Perhaps pull the battery for 30mins.

Roddan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
Maybe try using an obd scanner whilst driving? For $5 it's worth a try.
Perhaps pull the battery for 30mins.

Thanks for the tip. I'll look into it.

R

Capsule

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY09 VE Omega
Maybe post a sound clip so another might recognise what it is.
I was thinking about a defective belt buckle switch or pressure sensor in the passenger seat but that would also trigger a light on the dash.

VE-V

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore VE-V 2006
Did you find out what this beeping is? I too have this now after using the GPS on the way to Sydney on Monday and the mofo has been beeping ever since. I wonder if its picking up on speed traps or the change of one zone to the next? as mine is the alpine commodore kit 7' inch touch screen DVD GPS thingy not an IQ system so i dont know if its the same issue. Might just disconnect my battery while i put my new manifold spacers in hopefully that will reset it all back to normal.

Xplaya

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV
I was going to say, maybe unplug the battery for 10+ or so minutes.

Also, whats's the manifold spacers for?