Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

name it game

UW1SH

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5speed With ecotec conversion
does the vapour seperator come off the metal pipe? i think not therefore it wasnt useful info

What metal pipe?? The vapour separator is on the filler neck and the hose that goes to the top of it is the vapour hose?? unless im reading that you asked what the hose was incorrectly and if i am i apologise in advance.

aussie4life

Keep It Simple Stupid
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE International 3.0L
no, as i have mentioned numerous times, a metal pipe just next to and behind the rear wheel on the drivers side. and its a 10 mm in diameter

UW1SH

Reaction score
Members Ride
no, as i have mentioned numerous times, its a 10 mm in diameter and just next to and behind the rear wheel on the drivers side

Well then that would be the one that goes to your charcoal canister… Which goes from the bottom of the vapour separator up to the charcoal canister and the top of the vapour separator to the top of the filler neck...

UW1SH

Reaction score
Members Ride
that black thing attached to the filler neck on the bottom of the neck. that was where one of the hoses went from and to the top of the neck

I got confused with this post thought you was asking what that part was… Thats why i said it was the vapour separator

aussie4life

Keep It Simple Stupid
Reaction score
Members Ride
wrong. the vapour seperator has 2 hoses each side. and all 4 are inderpendant of the one im refering to. picture this. the hose im talking about is the topmost small hose on the top of the filler neck, there are three connections of this size. all in a triangle. the bottom 2 go to the vapour seperator. the topmost one goes down and joins onto the canister pipe that goes off to the engine bay
on the weekend i will take pics so that you will see that im right

and as for your last quote, that was the second perished hose that i found in the process. the fuel leak was from the neck pipe bottom clamp being loose. once i tightened it up it was fine but then i found the other 2 pipes

Jxfwsf

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore
first post/reply restored, i can't remember the other 2 exactly but what was said has since been repeated anyway, the image shows everything you need to know and where they go.

James39

Gave up on VL's
Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 VS Acclaim & 1992 Holden Barina
Last edited by a moderator:

aussie4life

Keep It Simple Stupid
Reaction score
Members Ride
well mine only has 4 and so does my wrecker
i have established it is the charcoal canister. so thanks to those who answered helpfully, and thread closed. goodbye

James39

Gave up on VL's
Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 VS Acclaim & 1992 Holden Barina
well mine only has 4 and so does my wrecker
i have established it is the charcoal canister. so thanks to those who answered helpfully, and thread closed. goodbye

Well it missing one then, it should have 5 :)