Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Names Compulsory on the 2016 Census

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skydrol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac G8 GT
I got an idea... the gov can outsource it to F-Book, they have a compelling database on all your likes, dislikes, fears, who you interact with and call it a day.

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
I got an idea... the gov can outsource it to F-Book, they have a compelling database on all your likes, dislikes, fears, who you interact with and call it a day.

One is voluntary and one isn't I'll let you figure that out.

Reaction score
Members Ride
ya mum!
One is voluntary and one isn't I'll let you figure that out.

So what you're saying is when someone volunteers their personal information to a company that claims ownership of all uploaded material and doesn't declare exactly how information is stored or shared, it's fine. But when the government that already has all your personal information in one form or another asks for your name it's a privacy concern? LMAO!!!!! Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight....

:rofl:

Gaiter

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS Thunder
But when the government that already has all your personal information in one form or another asks for your name it's a privacy concern? LMAO!!!!! Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight....

:rofl:

And states that it won't be distributed publicly.

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
And states that it won't be distributed publicly.

until they change their minds and start sharing it willy nilly.

some people don't value privacy - some do.

There's a reason the Australia Card got squashed - those concerns remain today whether you bring it about openly or through the back door, I for one am not keen for any back door action.

Reaction score
Members Ride
ya mum!
But the government already has WAY more info than they're asking for in the Census. What's the issue?

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
But the government already has WAY more info than they're asking for in the Census. What's the issue?

they don't have as much as you think, and none of it is in the one spot.

Gaiter

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS Thunder
some people don't value privacy - some do.

This is true. I do. But there is privacy and then there is helpless paranoia.

Will the data that the census collects be hacked/breached and get out. 90% sure this will happen. It's too big of a collection for people to not try and get access. It happens ALL the time though, Twitter, Fbook, LinkedIn, Google/Youtube, Telecoms etc...

You're personal data is every where in 2016. You use a mobile? Guess what, people can get your exact location, and a pattern of your regular places visited i.e. home, work, friends, family by simply gaining access to Google/Apple, which has happened numerous times, a few that have been reported on.

I weigh up the risks and make an informed decision. Do I wish to take the risk of a fine over just providing information they already have?

No. Ill fill in the stupid form and be done with it. If the data gets breached, my information will be 1 of 20 million + to be used by an unpaid individual, so chances still pretty good of avoiding repercussion. Especially vs going the other route of being someone who doesn't complete form and am now 1 of 2-3 million the government has to track down using PAID workers (ABS) to get an immediate financial reward of fining me.

Reaction score
Members Ride
ya mum!
they don't have as much as you think, and none of it is in the one spot.

I have three letter for you... A T O

They have some of the most sophisticated systems in the country and hook into other government systems as well as banks, health insurance providers and employers. Their data centres are more secure than military bases. I actually can't tell if you're being deliberately naive or genuinely think they don't know a LOT about most people.

Status
Not open for further replies.