Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Names of pulleys.

nick3110

2.5" Catback
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina S2
Hey guys

Seeing as I am on my phone the search function doesn't really work that well lol.. So i'm sorry if this request has already been answered.

I'm looking for a photo of the front of an ecotec engine, with all the pulleys labeled. One of my idlers is squealing, and i don't know what it is called so therefore i can't order one.

I was looking on the supercheap parts website earlier today, they had two different idler pulleys for the VX onwards, 1 DriveAlign Idler pulley, and 2 DriveAlign Idler pulley. So yeah i'm a little confused which one to get.

That was an effort on the phone lol.

Thanks,

-nick3110

edals

Reaction score
Members Ride
-
I had the same Fault with my VX, Its the AC Pulley, its a known fault, the one just above the AC compressor. I went to Auto barn, Got a grooved pulley replacement so i did not have to get a new belt also. holden changed it to the same as the belt tensioner pulley, and required a shorter belt. I would not bother with the super cheap site, you are just not sure what you are ordering.

Commodore Muscle

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S s2 VX Calais supercharged s2
Torque specs for idler pulleys???

Hi guys, first post!!

I just picked up a new set of idler pulleys for a VX calais (Charged) yesterday and was about to fit them as I always have done, just by feel, (Not to tight) when my neighbor said they have torque specs.

I looked around for the specifications but couldn't find anything....Is he right??

Thanks

SweetWagon

booosted
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina Wagon Supercharged
I just looked in my manual it say "Engine belt tensioner bolts and studs" 40-60 Nm. but this may not apply to idler pulleys, could not find anything that refers to idler pulley torque settings.

But to me its not anything critical like head bolts, so just take notice of how tight they originally were and do back up to approx the same torque.

Commodore Muscle

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S s2 VX Calais supercharged s2
Thank you mate, will do, have never had any trouble with that way so i'll keep at it...=D

Thanks for your help...