Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

nankangs ...

Munz

Right Foot Action
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais LS1 / VL RB30e daily
I would never buy maxxis again after they lasted 15k on my wife's aurion

Nangkang NS2's are really good budget tyre I had them on my VY SS 18's lasted 35k

gt3540rx

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV SII Sportwagon
I've used ns2's on a rx7 & gtr with good results. Would def consider them when the ssv needs new tyres

MPRSSV

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
05 VZ Exec (Police pack) & 05 CV8Z Monaro
I had Nankangs on the SS when I first got it.. for a budget tyre they are ok - Don't even ask about grip though, mine didnt grip in the dry so it was a pain in the arse to drive in the wet... and before anyone tries to state what they think is obvious, no I don't drive like a tool...

When I replaced them I went back to Bridgestones.... Not always cheap but if you look around you will find a good deal. The guy I went through wanted $490 per tyre and I ended getting them for $315 each with free fitting/balance/alignment...

Cheers
Chris

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
Dont be a jew when it comes to tyres, they are what keep you on the road and pull you up when braking.

Also dont think that just because you get a lot of kms out of a tyre then they are great, generally **** tyres get high kms because they have a super hard compound which means stuff all grip. Super grippy tyres have low mileage because of the soft compound.

You need to find a happy medium. Ive tried a lot of midrange brands and found maxxis to be excellent in handling (minimal sidewall flex) and traction. Very good in wet and dry.

monkeys437

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Stato l67
I picked up Kumo KU31's (235 R19) for $650 delivered to my door. Ive done 10k on them and so far very happy with them

GEN3RATD

100% Teflon
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Maloo
ive heard a lot of people say they are **** but they have always been people who have never run them.

i had them on my falcon and i couldnt fault them for the price, ill probably get them for my SS.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
DM 55 WA;1941678[B said:
]ive heard a lot of people say they are **** but they have always been people who have never run them.[/B]

i had them on my falcon and i couldnt fault them for the price, ill probably get them for my SS.

What a load of rubbish. I've run them. The're ****. If you rate them as a good tyre then obviously you have never run good tires. /thread.

Reaper

GEN3RATD

100% Teflon
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Maloo
What a load of rubbish. I've run them. The're ****. If you rate them as a good tyre then obviously you have never run good tires. /thread.

Reaper

where did i state they were a "good tyre"?

i said i couldnt fault them for the price, and this is true. they were cheap and i think they performed well for that amount of money. if i wasnt 17 at the time i probably would have been able to afford better tyres.

Woollie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 SERIES 2
Anyone tried Rotalla's? As some of you may know I have a tyre hop issue with Tri-ace tyres and the guy said I can change them for Rotalla's. What do you think?

bruggz351

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn wagon
I've got Nankangs on both my VN wags and the Jeep Cherokee. They're ok on VN, can't complain too much. But I don't like them on the Jeep. Handle atrociously at 'normal' pressures. I have to run them at 50 psi to get half decent handling on the highway. And both sets pick up rocks/stones something shocking!!!

cheers