Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

nathans VS Calais

Status
Not open for further replies.

MR.HG

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HG Brougham, VS Ute, VR SS
fine example of a VS Calais man, well done !! Just love the colour-whatever you do dont change it :p

Last edited:

nathanVY

such boost
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY LS1 Turbo Calais, 2005 4Gen Liberty Wagon
fine example of a VS Calais man, well done !! Just love the colour-whatever you do dont change it :p

Cheers bro! So much work gone into it! Painted brakes and vt calipers etc going on very soon!

MR.HG

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HG Brougham, VS Ute, VR SS
tell me about it, but it feels good knowing ur car is A1 and you dont have to worry about much for a while. I just underwent a full rebuild basically...from upper control arms fuel pump and exhaust rubbers to engine mounts and radiator. so tiring zzzzz but so worth the effort when you look back on it :) Im in the process of building a HG Brougham i bought off an old man 15 years ago and have neglected but the panel beater gets it next week :) CANT WAIT SO EXCITED :D did you have to change ur master for the VT brakes?

nathanVY

such boost
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY LS1 Turbo Calais, 2005 4Gen Liberty Wagon
tell me about it, but it feels good knowing ur car is A1 and you dont have to worry about much for a while. I just underwent a full rebuild basically...from upper control arms fuel pump and exhaust rubbers to engine mounts and radiator. so tiring zzzzz but so worth the effort when you look back on it :) Im in the process of building a HG Brougham i bought off an old man 15 years ago and have neglected but the panel beater gets it next week :) CANT WAIT SO EXCITED :D did you have to change ur master for the VT brakes?

yeah nice!!! haven't put the VT brakes on yet but I have a master to go on yeah!

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG
Haha more VT brake upgrade talk. I should be called the guru.

NonStick Squid

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II SS Ute m6, VS Calais
Haha yeah they're a bit more common, love these though don't see them round as much. Was just doing some reasearch into legalities etc, I thought my calais had 16s on it from stock but that was only the series 2s that came with 16s. So on Vicroads website the rules relating to tyre/rims sizes etc states the following

your ride says 96 calais.. that could only be a vs II

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG
1996 had both Series I and Series II.

The law regarding wheels is only 2" larger than stock. Mine came stock with 16's, therefore 18's are 'technically' the limit.

Trayner

Fresh prince of Pakky, Gangsta
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gangsta Hundy
1996 had both Series I and Series II.

The law regarding wheels is only 2" larger than stock. Mine came stock with 16's, therefore 18's are 'technically' the limit.

Nah theres no such thing as the 2" law anymore, its the whole as long as the rolling diameter doesn't go up 45+ or -45 or someshit like that

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG
Nah theres no such thing as the 2" law anymore, its the whole as long as the rolling diameter doesn't go up 45+ or -45 or someshit like that

Ah really? Wow, didn't know it changed! Fair enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.