Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

nathans VS Calais

Status
Not open for further replies.

nathanVY

such boost
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY LS1 Turbo Calais, 2005 4Gen Liberty Wagon
i dont have any pics, and i was meant to post that in my thread lol.
your spring are SL's? and the CV8's ate 18's right? did you need you guards rolled for them to fit?

Yeah man spot on, going up to Lows soon though sick of the crappy ride lol. Might end up going back to SL in the end though ;)

Haha, good good, needs an exhaust pronto though...its too quiet for a v8 :p

Hahh yeah, keen for an extra 2 cylinders when i'm off my Ps. Why are you so far away! lol

Ripping off door mouldings is the biggest #### known to mankind....

more painful than getting kicked in the nuts

LOL. Beyond true my friend.... took me 8 hours to do ONE SIDE.

Trayner

Fresh prince of Pakky, Gangsta
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gangsta Hundy
Ripping off door mouldings is the biggest #### known to mankind....

more painful than getting kicked in the nuts

haha i tryed got one of with 1 million glue still on it , said f@@k this and put ti back on lol

Yeah man spot on, going up to Lows soon though sick of the crappy ride lol. Might end up going back to SL in the end though ;)

Thats why im riding back on 15" -16" rims these days , to much bumpnesss :p

elmaso

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS berlina
hey man, can you tell me how you got the power antenna out? i tried but had no luck!! could ya give me a few instructions or something lol. cheers

nathanVY

such boost
Reaction score
Members Ride
hey dude, yeah there's only one bolt as you can probably see if you've taken off the inner guard.

That bolt has a nut on the inside of the car, to get to this you need to remove the ECU kick panel and dismount the ECU and remove the ecu mounting bracket.
The nut should be obvious then. There are 2 wiring clips on the atenna on the outside and then the black aerial lead that runs through as well. The 2 wiring ones just unclip on the outside of the car,
the thick black one you need to unclip on the inside of the car and pull it THROUGH the little grommet - now you should be able to take the aerial out.

Reverse for install.

Update

Almost got everything together today, glovebox, stereo going, etc. But it's looking like the calais part I'm trying to use just won't mate up with the stato ones. You know the white plastic bit that sits the auto shifter facia and power/eco button on? There must be a different one for the stato's cos my calais one isn't working, the stato woodgrain bit won't fit over the top - the calais one fits perfect though (doesn't line up with the rest of the dash though :()

so need to chase down one of those. new antenna is working sweet, need to get a switch put in so I can have it off when the cd players on (crappy pioneer).

elmaso

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS berlina
hey dude, yeah there's only one bolt as you can probably see if you've taken off the inner guard.

That bolt has a nut on the inside of the car, to get to this you need to remove the ECU kick panel and dismount the ECU and remove the ecu mounting bracket.
The nut should be obvious then. There are 2 wiring clips on the atenna on the outside and then the black aerial lead that runs through as well. The 2 wiring ones just unclip on the outside of the car,
the thick black one you need to unclip on the inside of the car and pull it THROUGH the little grommet - now you should be able to take the aerial out.

Reverse for install.

Update

Almost got everything together today, glovebox, stereo going, etc. But it's looking like the calais part I'm trying to use just won't mate up with the stato ones. You know the white plastic bit that sits the auto shifter facia and power/eco button on? There must be a different one for the stato's cos my calais one isn't working, the stato woodgrain bit won't fit over the top - the calais one fits perfect though (doesn't line up with the rest of the dash though :()

so need to chase down one of those. new antenna is working sweet, need to get a switch put in so I can have it off when the cd players on (crappy pioneer).

cheers mate, and don't you have an antenna button in the calais?
and good hear its all sweet (accept overdrive)...

elmaso

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS berlina
mine has it, and my cars a ####ed S1 berlina. lol
its the weird button underneath the H/U.

nathanVY

such boost
Reaction score
Members Ride
mine has it, and my cars a ####ed S1 berlina. lol
its the weird button underneath the H/U.

yeah i've seen them in berlinas, I think berlinas had controls on the dash and calais / statesman / caprice had them on the headunit its-self.

put some dynamat in some parts of the dash panels and along the firewall, really quietened it car so much nicer to drive now :)

guys i'm thinking blue for the calipers too, match with the interior theme plus it would work well the the silver / black..
thoughts?

nathanVY

such boost
Reaction score
Members Ride
Hey all, selling my VT brake upgrade decided not to go with another mod. It's got everything ready to go just need to get the booster rod modified if you decide to put that one.

You Get:
- 2x VT Twin Piston Front Calipers (painted silver/black)
- 2x RDA Extreme VT Front Brake Pads (new in packaging)
- 2x VT Rotors (painted silver)
- VT Booster/Master Cylinder (complete unit)
- 2x VR/VS to VT rotor adapter shims
- 2x RDA Extreme VS Rear Brake Pads (new in packaging)

PRICE: $380ono.

DELIVERY/PICK UP INFORMATION: Pickup or post at buyers expense

PAYMENT OPTIONS: Paypal, Cash, Direct Debit.

CONTACT DETAILS: 0434 492 338

PICTURES: Soon.

Will post pictures soon, need this gone ASAP!
Cheers

elmaso

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS berlina
####! i just spent that much on new rims!!

Status
Not open for further replies.