Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Near misses!!!

vk_calais5.0

Jealous of Project VEE EL
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS black
last night i almost went up the back of a vx r8:bang:,he was turning but sort off jumped onto the brakes hard i was doing prob 70ks.

so i changed lanes as quickly as i could lost traction and mounted the kerb with sparks flying everywhere,but corrected it and suprisingly no damage was done,not even scrapage of the rim..

Does anybody have a similar story???

Shortstuff

Random
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 Golf GTI PP
The only near miss i've had was when a drunk driver overtook on a blind crest coming straight towards me. I had to swerve on to the grass verge to avoid her by a tiny amount. As she swerved back on to her side of the road she lost it, went through a hedge into a field and rolled a couple of times.

I only found out later on from police that she was drunk, and her estimated speed was over 100mph!

Needless to say, drink driving doesn't impress me!

vlv8vic

<---Brad Quaid = internet stalker
Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
last night i almost went up the back of a vx r8:bang:,he was turning but sort off jumped onto the brakes hard i was doing prob 70ks.

so i changed lanes as quickly as i could lost traction and mounted the kerb with sparks flying everywhere,but corrected it and suprisingly no damage was done,not even scrapage of the rim..

Does anybody have a similar story???

sparks mean something must have been damaged somewhere... i suggest having another look....

KingDiamond

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR
Some idiot did it to me at a round about yesterday, he went to go, then he slammed on the brakes...

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
almost ran up the back of someone the otherday. coming around a blind corner down a mountain road, the guy decides he wants to stop to pull into a driveway on the right, crossing double lines while he does it. didnt see him until he was at a complete stop so i had to stop quickly, losing traction too.

mattman

Reaction score
Members Ride
'00 WH V6
Every time i drive through Hahndorf (5 minutes from here) :ranting:

Cars pulling in and out, people running out on the street, people who CANNOT park... leave front wheel on full lock hanging out into the road (because sure, there's heaps of space).. stopping randomly, it goes on and on.

It's like 1.5km of road and you are lucky to average 20km/h through there on a weekend... blah

That said, it's much better in the narrower liberty ;)

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SV6 II Commodore - Chlorophyll
coming home from town the other day and a white VE was coming towards me on a straight stretch of road. As he was just about to pass me, he swerved onto my lane and nearly hit me before realising and getting back in his own lane:bang:

I had to swerve sharply onto the side of the road to miss him. There was nothing on the road for him to swerve around, so he must not have been concentrating. (probably playing with all the new features and not watching the road.;) )

harvma20

CarPC[====----] 50% Comp.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Acclaim
almost hit a new VE fkn pooped myself

bangers

Reaction score
Members Ride
EL FALCON XR6
near ran up the back of a car whilst on my motorbike. i forgot my sunnies and the glare of the back of the car in front was blinding. couldn't see his brake lights come on. i managed to swerve into the breakdown lane and just miss him.

another one whilst on motorbike. 2 cars in front and myself going through a round about, the first car suddenly slows down to pull into a driveway without indicating. the 2nd car hits the brakes and i locked up in the wet and slid between him and oncoming traffic rubbing my leg down the drivers side of his car and near ripped his mirror off with my hip. scared sh#t out of me.

last but not least. on the motorbike again. going up a hill and i was in the left lane overtaking a slow poke in the fast lane. came up behind a guy towing a caravan who suddenly came to a near stop trying to change down a gear (he must of missed the gear). i swerved into the right lane to miss the back of the caravan and the bike slid out on me. the bike started to lay down (my right knee was just touching the bitumen) and i pulled the throttle on, pulled the bike back up and nearly high sided (i had one hand on the bars and one foot on the pegs) and managed to control it. i was shaking for half an hour later. i rode back to see why the road was so slippery and saw a pile of wet leaves stuck to the road where the council had been pruning nearby bushes.