Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

need a new motor wanting to get factory supercharged mottor how uch hassle will it be

[p]wrr-247

Mr14ry
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz Calais v8
hi i am in need of a new motor i have got broken liters and have been told it will be cheaper to get a new motor i can get a second hand motor supply and instaled for 950 but i am thinking about putting a supercharged ecotec motor in just the factory supercharged motor jst wondering how much it woud cost for suply an install if anyone would have a rouh idea and will i have to change other things im pretty sure i will need the computer for the supercharged motor but i dont really know how much other things will need to be changed as well

thank you for your help in advance

moff_man

operation HQ under way.
Reaction score
Members Ride
95 VR II berlina wagon v6, 72 HQ ute 253
all mounts and such shoud be the same, its the same basic engine with the blower on top, just check how you go for rego and insurance wise, shouldnt be an issue because the vs statesmans had a supercharged option. also the exhaust will need to be modded as the supercharged emgens use a twin cat setup and joins in to one at the back of the trans.

[p]wrr-247

Mr14ry
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz Calais v8
well thats one thing i ddnt think about ill look into that

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
As far as I know. Engine, ECU, BCM matched to ECU, loom, S/C intake pipes, new exhaust. Also if you can, get a torque converter from a L67 car. I believe it is higher RPM than the L36 one.

Reaction score
Members Ride
supercharged vt II acclaim
i got a motor , gearbox, ecu, wiring and exhaust for $2000. n fitted it myself.

only other thing you'd need apart from what the others said is the fuel pump.

and can just get ya old bcm linked to new ecu.

motors usually go for $1500-$2500 on ebay usually with wiring n ecu and sometimes gearbox too.

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
Pretty sure the BCM/ECU linking thing was VT+. I'm gonna play devils advocate, the blocks are the same, the ports are the same, pretty sure you won't need to modify the exhaust.

Reaction score
Members Ride
supercharged vt II acclaim
i 'thought' it was just for the 2nd cat for extra flow. just cause i 'read' lol that single cat was too restrictive. but the old one would line up n it would run ok

shifty6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Exec 5spd
you can just keep your normal computer and get a SC 6 tune burnt onto your memcal.
saves matching to the BCM etc.

[p]wrr-247

Mr14ry
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz Calais v8
sounds very interesting this really thinking about it is there much diffrence in power ? to wory about and will the gear box need changing i was about to book a service an shift kit install in today but thought i should wait till after the motor thanx for your help guys

moff_man

operation HQ under way.
Reaction score
Members Ride
95 VR II berlina wagon v6, 72 HQ ute 253
the super 6's Ive driven go like stink when your up it. and you have to rev it. i also love the sound. clean and quite and the wine it has is gourgus.....lol no use having a loud exhaust when the super charger wine will do. also its cheep power. enlarge the pulley and it winds up the boost.