Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Need advice for bonnet?

abclarke

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VXII S
Hey guys im in need of some advice. My bonnet on my VX has slowly gotten worse and worse with rust under the front lip, ive talked to some people in the business and they said its not worth fixing and itll be more cost effective to just buy a new bonnet and get it sprayed.

My question is where abouts would i get a good bonnet for a good price? Ive looked on Ebay and a few other sites like saveage fibreglass and justcomm auto salvage and it really varies from $200 to $900 just for the bonnet. I was thinking fibreglass just so i know it wont rust again, but then again is it worth it?

Depends on price i was looking at getting a monaro bonnet with the 2 front scoops or i might jsut go for the standard if its at a good price.

Where abouts in the sydney south (prefered but not critical) would i go to get it sprayed metallic black? What kind of cost am i looking at?

Thanks for your help :)

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
Fiberglass bonnets are generally not legal, they don't crumple like a normal bonnet. Just go around to wreckers and get one with the same colour.

LS1FUN

Confused with life..
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Holden VS S-Pack
Is buying one from a Holden Dealer out of the question mate? They pop up on eBay from time to time and you'd probably be looking at a couple hundred dollars to have it sprayed, but that is a guess as it would vary from place to place.

SSINZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Maloo. 6 Speed. OTR. Tune. Some other bitz
Seriously bud id go metal again, you can find bonnets just about anywhere to suit vt/vx's ebay it and look in the paper - sometimes you can be lucky and pickup the same colour if not just get it resprayed roughly between 200-600 for bonnet painted. Private buying is prob the most cheapest way to get one of a dismantled car between 100-400 max pity you arent in perth i could get you one for 100 from my mates old vx ss. but stay metal as its way stronger and doesnt chip or discolour or even flex as fiber does.

Good luck anyways

abclarke

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VXII S
Is buying one from a Holden Dealer out of the question mate? They pop up on eBay from time to time and you'd probably be looking at a couple hundred dollars to have it sprayed, but that is a guess as it would vary from place to place.

Yeah mate i dunno how much one from the local dealer would cost but id say a fortune lol. Ill give some wreckers a ring tomorrow and see what they say. Anyone ever dealt with a company called ozcarparts in smithfeild before?

SSINZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Maloo. 6 Speed. OTR. Tune. Some other bitz
I have they good people

s_ikari2015

Fun IS easier with an 8
Reaction score
Members Ride
'02 Monaro V2 CV8, '90 Toyota Sera
this may seem obvious to some, but the panels you buy from a dealer, are unpainted. had many a silly person when I was working in the parts dept of a dealership request a price on a white door, or blue bumper...

abclarke

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VXII S
Yeah i got a quote today from ozcarparts for the standard bonnet for $100 and then roughly $350 to have it painted from another place. Sound like a good deal?