Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Need advice how much would an immaculate 2004 VZ series 11 full leather with 114000 original kms be worth V6 cheers all

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
I've had fuel go off in my equipment which twice has resulted in needing new carbies. So yeah if you leave fuel in whipper snippers, etc over the winter and don't run them dry you end up with gummed up jets that can't be repaired without replacement. So in short fuel does go off not just lose its rating.
Must be a tasi thing, I've left fuel in more and whopper snipper for ages over winter and still using the same 2 machines I got 18 years ago. Maybe your winters are colder.

Anthony .

Reaction score
Members Ride
1994 VR V6 Executive
Honestly mate, I would not take less than 8.5k if I were you, providing it is in the “immaculate” condition you claim. Not a dime less. Cash or bank cheque. The car you have isn’t ‘a dime in the dozen’ compared to the other clapped out VZ on the market.

Just please remember that there are a lot of ads for cars (facebook, Carsales, gumtree) that are listed quite high. If you follow these ads, you will possibly see that the price drops over time from the seller because the price is so high.

Also bear in mind that only a sensible person or collector will pay a good price or even consider higher priced cars which are in good condition.

For example, say you were a P-plater hoon (I don’t care, I’m not judgemental) looking at a VZ. Would you pay dollar for a clean, unmolested version, or would you try and find a cheaper VZ. No point paying top dollar for one and then modifying/ trashing it and obviously lower its value quite a bit.

Just my two dollars worth

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Honestly mate, I would not take less than 8.5k if I were you, providing it is in the “immaculate” condition you claim. Not a dime less. Cash or bank cheque. The car you have isn’t ‘a dime in the dozen’ compared to the other clapped out VZ on the market.

Just please remember that there are a lot of ads for cars (facebook, Carsales, gumtree) that are listed quite high. If you follow these ads, you will possibly see that the price drops over time from the seller because the price is so high.

Also bear in mind that only a sensible person or collector will pay a good price or even consider higher priced cars which are in good condition.

For example, say you were a P-plater hoon (I don’t care, I’m not judgemental) looking at a VZ. Would you pay dollar for a clean, unmolested version, or would you try and find a cheaper VZ. No point paying top dollar for one and then modifying/ trashing it and obviously lower its value quite a bit.

Just my two dollars worth

But you could get one for $5 500 in mint condition and you're saying not to take less than $8 500...Please explain

https://forums.justcommodores.com.au/threads/vs-commodore-reliable-and-mods.295155/#post-3273550

Anthony .

Reaction score
Members Ride
1994 VR V6 Executive
But you could get one for $5 500 in mint condition and you're saying not to take less than $8 500...Please explain

https://forums.justcommodores.com.au/threads/vs-commodore-reliable-and-mods.295155/#post-3273550
Ah yes. That VZ was higher on the mileage by about 80xxx. Not suggesting that it is a high mileage VZ, but it still is 80xxx more. The VZ I was looking at, I believe had the price bumped up to 7k or thereabouts. I called the dealership asking about the silver VZ they had for 5.5k with RWC, they then responded saying they have one for 7k. I must have misunderstood the price or something.

Was it was mint, but it was slightly modified from memory. Stereo, reverse camera, etc.

I commented in this post with an opinion, which may be right or wrong. I’ll be interested to see how much it sells for like I am sure we all are

redvxr8clubby

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Clubsport R8 & VE SS
I'm surprised nobody noticed (or I missed the post if someone did) - VZ series II 2004 - there's no such thing. Assuming it's 2004 and it's a series II (genuine original car with original series II badges on it), it will be a VY not a VZ (there's no VZ series II's except I think the VZ wagons late 2006 and 2007 had series II badges on them as VE sedans were released late 2006 - does it make much difference to price question probably not. Being a VY it will be a 3.8 Ecotec - on the upside anyone thinking timing chains should have no such concern with a VY. Price wise private sale maybe $6500 given Kms and condition and Berlina. If you need a big car for not a lot of money a well kept VYII Berlina would have it's attractions, but fuel prices aren't helping achieving good price for a V6 Commodore.

Commo64

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE Omega
I'm surprised nobody noticed (or I missed the post if someone did) - VZ series II 2004 - there's no such thing. Assuming it's 2004 and it's a series II (genuine original car with original series II badges on it), it will be a VY not a VZ (there's no VZ series II's except I think the VZ wagons late 2006 and 2007 had series II badges on them as VE sedans were released late 2006 - does it make much difference to price question probably not. Being a VY it will be a 3.8 Ecotec - on the upside anyone thinking timing chains should have no such concern with a VY. Price wise private sale maybe $6500 given Kms and condition and Berlina. If you need a big car for not a lot of money a well kept VYII Berlina would have it's attractions, but fuel prices aren't helping achieving good price for a V6 Commodore.
I didn't realise that either! Good point

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Wait. I just re-read the title of this thread.
04 was first production of the VZ.
There was no series 2 in VZ
There was an 06 update… in 2006.

Are we sure this isn’t a VY?

Whiteshark68

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina Series II
The series II was the first thing i noticed. There was a VY series II Berlina for sale at a car yard here for a tad over 9k with 235k on the clock and god awful after market rims and it sold.

Commo64

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE Omega
Wait. I just re-read the title of this thread.
04 was first production of the VZ.
There was no series 2 in VZ
There was an 06 update… in 2006.

Are we sure this isn’t a VY?
It probably is a VYII