Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

NEED HELP, Clutchs

damankerrison09

Blue 87 VL
Reaction score
Members Ride
5 Speed VL SL

Yep, Yep and Yep lol all done..

Maybe just a **** clutch.. i just found a cushioned button clutch have read up that they are a cross between full faced organic, so u get the drivability of a full face and some of the grip of a button.. that seems like a plausable type of idea..

VL Berlina 5speed

Apprentice Panel Pusher
Reaction score
Members Ride
Project VL Show car, VS Exec, VY Ute, YZ250F
as for distance did you bleed the slave cylinder or tryed it?

might sound stupid but are you running the right clutches to start with?
getting the clutches to suit the turbo trans? as the flywheel is bigger

ditch_12

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL ridin 18s
my mate has a vu ss and he kept burnin out clutches and now has a brass button clutch and has lasted 20000 k's now, just takes a while to get used to it

kane88

Reaction score
Members Ride
bf xr6 daily, vl project, wb ute project
you shouldn't need to resort to a button clutch mate.
more than likely it's something simple that has been overlooked, like vl_berlina_5 speed said, check for something simple that may have been missed..

damankerrison09

Blue 87 VL
Reaction score
Members Ride
5 Speed VL SL

Hey guys thanks for posts, Uh i have re bled the slave today and it is better.. i was planning on doin this anyway but thought i would ask just incase.. Uhh i have an N/A flywheel and and N/A clutch.. which i rang multiple clutch places and they said would be fine.. not to sure about it though, uhh as for pedal height my clutch has not moved still at the very bottom but now i can select gears prior to is "shitting its self"..

Where is the clutch master cylinder i read earlier that there is an adjustment on that, that if u adjust it correctly u can move your pedal height. like u would by tightening the cable on a cable gearbox, anyone shed light on that???

kane88

Reaction score
Members Ride
bf xr6 daily, vl project, wb ute project
n/a clutch will hold up for a while but you will want to upgrade, especially if you start squeezing a bit more than stock boost from the engine..