Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

NEED HELP. LS2/T56 into VS

TRUBL1

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS 5.7 M6
Hi guys, I am planning the install of an LS2/T56 into my VS sedan and am just wondering if anyone has done this conversion?, and if there any unforscene problems when doing this conversion?.

Also are there wiring looms (e.g. Painless wiring kits) to suit this application?

Thanx to anyone and everyone that can help.

Thanx, Simon

Boonz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
green 355 VG ute
wouldnt be hard to make the existing wiring work... its just modifying the chassis mounts to suit the motors mounts which has to be done by an engineer if you want to register it....

TRUBL1

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS 5.7 M6
Mounts are easy as Castmain Rod Shop make these to fit.

Cheers

Boonz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
green 355 VG ute
would ahve to upgrade the brakes to vt spec, have a tailshaft made to suit. if its not V8 already then V8 springs or heavy duty aftermarket ones cos of the extra weight in the engine bay, regency check all that too..just something to keep in mind

TRUBL1

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS 5.7 M6
The car will be recieving compete new suspension from front to back as the existing is starting to become very sh*t. Brakes are going to be upgraded to slotted and drilled rotors and 4 piston calipers, think there a PBR or DBA Package, as the motor i m planning to get isn't a run of the mill 6.0L, its a KPM Motorsport built 370 series, so i am going to need big brakes. Getting the Custom Tailshaft made to suit is probably the only other thing i need a bit of help with as i dont know anyone who does this, eventhough there are probably heaps of places in adelaide.

Cheers

Boonz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
green 355 VG ute
well if your going to be running a ****load of power thru the driveline id be looking to upgrade the tailshaft uni joints so it is capable of handling the power without stressing it too much..... is the car IRS or live axle rear end???

TRUBL1

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS 5.7 M6
Live axle, any ideas on diff choice thats not going to be to costly?

Boonz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
green 355 VG ute
billet axles and full spool..... 9 inch if you can be bothered messing around making it fit

TRUBL1

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS 5.7 M6
That would be the best way to go, but like you stated making it fit could be interesting

TRUBL1

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS 5.7 M6
Anyone else have ne ideas or advice, as it is greatly appreciated