Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Need help servicing injectors

P

Pav

Just pulled out the injectors in my cousin's VN and bought a repair kit which had a few bits and pieces in it and we were wondering about a particular bit that goes into the very top of the injector. We don't know how to remove the old one so we can put the new one in, cheers. Here's a pic btw

inj_1.jpg

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
That's the filter basket, I think you need a tool to get them out but I'm not sure. I'd like to know also if anyone does know and where you got the kit from!:)

Last edited:

lilredwagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Berlina wagon
filter removal tips?

you're right, it's the filter! - having seen the removal tool in use - it looks like a small self tapper with a handle (screwdriver with a thread on the end?)
I would assume that it would be easy enough to make one, but just pick a screw that is a bit bigger than the hole in the plastic sleeve and screw it in a couple of turns and use a pair of pliers (vise grips) to pull the filter out...
have fun now...?

Torniquet

Reaction score
there is a tool to get them out, which makes it easier.

if you dont happen to have that tool, screw a smallish phillips into the filter, a fair distance down, and then use a pair of pliers to pry the filter out =)

VTSSDUDE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 5.7L Commodore.
Any auto place.
Yeah I just stuck one side of needle nose pliers down until it wedged them pull out sideways, They come out easy then.

P

Pav

We got these kits for $10 each from Coventry's (in WA). Each kit does 2 injectors (4xO-rings,2xWashers,2xFilters,2xNozzles), so we bought 4 kits for the 5.0L.
You usually have to get these ordered in cos they are a specific part. I'm sure Ripco can also order these in.

The main reason for doing this was to replace the O-rings because there was an air leak in some of the injectors, I'm not sure how much changing the filter helps.