Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Need Help To Boost My Vl Power

S

SICVLOWNER

I DONT KNOW MUCH ABOUT MOTORS AND WOULD LIKE SOME HELP WIT IDEAS ON HOW TO BOOST THE POWER IN MY VL. I KNOW THAT IF I PUT SOME EXTRACTORS, EXHAUST, AND AIR INTAKE BUT WAT ELSE CAN I DO???

AND ALSO CAN I TURBO A NON-TURBO MOTOR OR WOULD IT BE CHEAPER TO USE A SUPER CHARGER???
I HAVE ASKED A LOT OF PPL AND KEEP GETTIN DIFF ANSWERS :bang: :bang: :bang:

Goon

Scientific Tuning
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY CUSTOM.
Well personally id goes turbo if you want to improve acceleration, and if u want to some nice gumption in a straight line id go with the supercharger

Extractors/Headers are a good choice :)

Do you have a manual fan or thermos?

bangers

Reaction score
Members Ride
EL FALCON XR6
remove AFM mesh. k&n filter. bigger injectors and pump. head work. cam. chip. manual gearbox. CAI. exractors. hi-flow CAT. mandrel bent exhaust. turbo is cheaper than supercharger, for anything decent.

VLDavo

Reaction score
Members Ride
lc torana. vn v8. ke30.mazda 1300.
well all depends if u wanna keep it n/a or turbo............best to decide before u go buy extractors and all that jizz :)

S

SICVLOWNER

Goon said:
Well personally id goes turbo if you want to improve acceleration, and if u want to some nice gumption in a straight line id go with the supercharger

Extractors/Headers are a good choice :)

Do you have a manual fan or thermos?

i dont know wat i have?!?!?! i dont know much about cars/motors so any help would be great... would it b cheaper to turbo my motor or buy a new one???
and if i get a new motor should i stay with the rb30 or get a rb20/25 coz my bro said its better to gat a rb20/25.

Marco-EFIVL

Now driving R34 GT-T taxi
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nissan Skyline, R34 GT-T (RB25DET NEO) sedan
@ SICV:
Twin HKS turbos with HKS intercooler, HKS headers, HKS exhaust, K&N filters (Air/oil/fuel) (as mentioned). Craine camshaft and new rockers, custom ECU, aluminium manifold and head would go well too, maybe a larger throttle body, fuel pump and larger injectors to get more fuel into the cylinder. :D :D :D

bangers said:
remove AFM mesh. k&n filter. bigger injectors and pump. head work. cam. chip. manual gearbox. CAI. exractors. hi-flow CAT. mandrel bent exhaust. turbo is cheaper than supercharger, for anything decent.

sy to ask mate, but ahem:

1) What is the AFM mesh?
2) What is CAI?
3) Can you recommend good brands for Hiflow cat/backs, exhausts systems and headers/extractors? I was thinking of taking my car to D&T tuning, but you got tips for this matey?

VLDavo

Reaction score
Members Ride
lc torana. vn v8. ke30.mazda 1300.
afm mesh is just inside your afm its stops **** going in and wreckingthe sensor

cai = cold air induction

go for pacemaker extractors.

go have a chat to an exasut shop about the cat as ive never ran em so i cant comment on em

and jus get a mandrel bent 2 and half from cat back.....

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
Why just get a cat back exhaust? If he wants good power he might as well get a proper exhaust?

Also if you want some pics of how to make a CAI for a VL, i have a few on my computer from when I had my VL. You might wanna pm me tho, as i dont check this section very often.

bangers

Reaction score
Members Ride
EL FALCON XR6
pacemakers are good but Lukey use the same technology and do a complete 2 1/2" mandrel system including extractors, CAT, and inline glass packed muffler.

Vldavo its against the law not to run a CAT on any vehicle that was made with one.

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
Errr...Lukey do not use the same technology. Pacemaker have their patented pipe over cone technology.

Simple matter is pacemaker are far superior for headers compared to Lukey. For the rest of the exhaust system, go for Lukey because thats what their good at it. The only brands that are up with Pacemaker are HM and Di Filippo.