Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

need help vs commodore didnt start then did

jas98

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore V6 S2 and a BA XR6T
hi vs commodore v6 sedan 1996.

pretty hot here today, went to shop, then left that shop went toanother....left that one then on 3rd shop went to start car, started for a split second then s tubbled and off.....tried restarting, just stubbled for a second then stalled. so kept trying and nothing just crankking over.

so thorght maybe crank sensor so when into shop and got some water (maybe 3 min it took me) came out and decided to try crank it and it fired up (did not pour any water on it) and drove home ok.

seems to start now. does this sound like CAS or fuel pump? i did have spark as i checked that but at first could not hear fuel pump bt then i could hear it so i swaped relay around and also hit fuel tank,,,,,but still wouldnt start even when i could hear pump going (was noisy in car park).

was similar to when you remove relay to deprssureise fuel pump.

jas98

Reaction score
Members Ride
ok so the car atarted perfextly since its happened. i also just replaced coil pack and dfi as a precution with a known working unit. car seems to idle better.

anyway i just got fuel in car as it was getting low. noticed when removing fuel cap there was allot of suction ...never noticed it. also when i got home i listend to fuel pump when turning key to ignotion and her a bubbleing sound in fuel tank....is that normal? cannot hear it when cars on...

RCAddict84

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive
not to sure if its the CAS or fuel pump... and it might not even be them thats causing the problem. if you are suspect on the CAS check for fault codes and if u are sus on the fuel pump it would be worth doing a flow and pressure test..

personally i wouldent replace anything until its been tested and diagnosed

PS, the noise in ur tank is most likely the fuel returning to the swirl pot.

if i was to use my special magic diagnosing with out looking tool. id say its plausible that the CAS overheated and cooled down enough why u were in the shops.... i guess if it happens again, run a fault code test while its having the problem

jas98

Reaction score
Members Ride
not to sure if its the CAS or fuel pump... and it might not even be them thats causing the problem. if you are suspect on the CAS check for fault codes and if u are sus on the fuel pump it would be worth doing a flow and pressure test..

personally i wouldent replace anything until its been tested and diagnosed

PS, the noise in ur tank is most likely the fuel returning to the swirl pot.

if i was to use my special magic diagnosing with out looking tool. id say its plausible that the CAS overheated and cooled down enough why u were in the shops.... i guess if it happens again, run a fault code test while its having the problem
hey mna thanks. it hasnt done it since, i did change the dfi module with a spare one. just to be sure

i ran trouble codes and came up with 13 and 63, its had them for a while........even though i replaced the sensors with a couple spares then broought brand new ones and still there....have anlso checked earths and reset computer number of times so im lost for ideas with why it has 13 and 63...