Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Need Help Wiring LED's in VE

Tmazza99

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE V
Hey all,

I'm sorry if there is already a thread on a similar topic, if you could link me that would be awesome. If not :

I would like to wire footwell LED strip to turn on when the interior lights turn on when doors are open.

I generally wire them on a switch from the cigarette lighter or the accessories but this time I want to do it so it activates automatically.

The issue I'm having is trying to work out what cable feeds the dome light and where to tap into them near the footwell or the switch on the right of the steering wheel. Or is it easier to run a cable in the roof lining from the dome light?

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated or any other ideas would be awesome.

Thanks

moriati

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx s
I have a vx and i connected mine to the wires on the ignition light on the steering column i presume ve's have that as well i connected the first one under the dash drivers side then tapped in to that to take the wires across for the passenger side very easy and now when i use the remote to unlock the doors they light up and when i open the doors they light up or i can switch them on and of from the dome light switch.hope that helps you.