Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

need help with 3.0 SIDI growler installaiion

robmc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II SS
Hi all,

I know how alot of you feel about the SS Inductions Growler so Im not here to start a flame war, just need some help and advice please.

I grabbed a second hand growler kit for my Omega SIDI, its the correct kit for the SIDI's.

The issue is that it appears that the 3 litre engines have an extra sensor on the airbox lid that the 3.6 litres dont from what Im seeing on the net, and the growler doesnt have anywhere to mount it. Im not talking about the MAF sensor that the growler kit has a hole for, but an extra one on the airbox lid that sits directly behind the headlight....

Has anyone out there installed one of these on either the SV6 SIDI or the Omega SIDI that can shed some light for me?

Ive emailed SS Inductions today but haven't received a reply yet, might have to give them a call tomorrow.

Thanks for your help, ill try to put some pics up if you need.

robmc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II SS
Not the best photos, I took them in the dark before work this morning...

9381ECCB-5422-4ABF-95A8-78422C13D125-828-00000077D115228A.jpg

BA55B31A-BDB9-4E51-87F0-6A18A73C8206-828-00000077CFDC947D.jpg

DDBC582A-3D52-4948-B97A-F6CF99E98DAE-828-00000077CF0A37D5.jpg

salute the ute

DRIVING IS A PASSION
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Ute Series II Perfect Blue
I would just cut a new hole to fit the sensor into the growler, I had to modify mine to fit the updated sensor as the one I bought was round and I needed it to be a rectangle. I cut a completely new hole into the side. It's very soft plastic so depending on the shape that will need to be cut either drill the whole hole out if its round or drill a small one and then cut it with a knife or something along those lines. It's there for a reason, but of course check with SS induction or Holden first about what the sensor is for.

Kiddo

You're serious bro?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mitsubishi Colt
Get all Mighty Car Mods on it and punch a hole into it :)

SS induction uses very thin plastic, so should take you all of 5mins to do

robmc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II SS
Cheers guys, yeah I had a reply from ss inductions today telling me the same thing.

They said that the early sidi models had the extra sensor but Holden changed it.

Thanks for your help, I'll let you know how I go

itsArthurKomar

sexy beast
Reaction score
Members Ride
super awesome time machine
hey mate that sensor is a borometer you could just disconect it . it doesnt do anything:)

robmc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II SS
Thanks for all the help guys, I just drilled an extra hole in the plastic behind the light and the sensor fit in nice and tight.

I used a bolt as a spacer and bolted the sensor to the plastic because the growler has a curve to it where I mounted the sensor. It was actually really easy and fit looks standard.

If anyone wants pictures etc for reference let me know.