Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Need Help with Binnacles (monaro guage pod)

S

storm89

Ive been searching ebay for dash mount binnacles but and so far all i have found are the red hsv guages in them. 1st of all do they make the hsv guages with a blue background? if not is it possible to fit aftermarket APEX etc. guages in there instead?

Ganzer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ S UTE 175 M6
i have white one that i have to sale

benzor

yawn :(
Reaction score
Members Ride
SV6!
wgs150 said:
i have white one that i have to sale

How hard is it to rig up to an sv6?

Ganzer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ S UTE 175 M6
i haven't put them in because i dash one are wrong so i thought it wasnt worth doing

S

savo1982

gauges

i have asked i work for holden there is not wiring there for them. you would have to by a new wiring harness

darksidewa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SVZ
Re: Wiring Loom

There is a place in melb (apart from NVU) that has them. I don't know who as yet, but will end up finding out. You can get the patch harness of ebay anyway.

If your vehicle is under warranty *which i assume it is* you will probably have to get a holden dealer to fit it to maintain warranty.

All the dealers I have spoken to are willing to install it and not void warranty, however they ALL stated the same thing. If it is installed by a non dealer (ie local autoelec) Holden will have the right to refuse warranty if there is an issue with the bcm.

As for the gauges, the ones I am using are black face. They have not been fitted yet as I need to mod the top panel in the commy then get it plastic welded and painted.

According to a major dealer here, the only reason the VZ gauges will not fit in a standard commy dash is the mounting itself and the way it buts up to the console (cars fitted with climate control have a slightly different front console with a bar across the top that the pod buts up against). Assuming you get the patch harness (which dealers can get hold of if you ask nicely, or you get yourself), and you have had it fitted, the only issue is the physical mounting of the pod.

So, once i have got it all together I shall post ;)

naf33n

go
Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged VU SS
vy dash pods fit vy (anytype)and vz without climate control

as far as i can gather. the vys didnt have the higher dash piece like the vz climate control.

but i may be wrong

has anyone used the ss induction mould the gauges face towards the driver

http://www.ssinductions.com.au/vy2hsvv8.htm

second from the bottom

R

RevRecords

Yes, the binnacle gauges are available in blue. They come in red, blue, green, yellow, black and white. I sell them on ebay occasionally. The only set I have at the moment are the ones with black faces, but if you are still interested in purchasing a set please let me know and i'll get back to you with a price.