Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Need Help with deciding on engine mods VT V6

Scroopy

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 VF2 SSV Redline 6.2L M6
my yella terra roller rockers just arrived, i paid for the 1.6.1 (stock with rods) and they sent me the 1.7.1, lucky enough that was another ratio i was looking at but i didnt really want them. also my crow cams hydraulic lifters and timing chain arrived they look good, now for my Diff, cam, springs, retainers and locks.

moggy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr executive
Might want to check that you can use those rockers with the wade 992. Might need some other mods to run that much lift.

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
Might want to check that you can use those rockers with the wade 992. Might need some other mods to run that much lift.

She'll be right - it'll only be .501 worth of lift with the 1.7 rockers and thats fine for ecotec heads.

Scroopy

Reaction score
Members Ride
the spec sheet that wade cams faxed to me had 1.7.1 as the roller rockers which makes valve lift from 0.472 to 0.5015.

Scroopy

Reaction score
Members Ride
my LSD arrived this morning, all new bearings and seals. tight gears, cant wait to have it installed. wade cams emailed me this morning the cam and springs are on there way, hoping for tomorrow morning. if it does i could get it all done early next week. and then tune after chrissy.

Scroopy

Reaction score
Members Ride
here i was thinking these mods would be it. but now i want to look at some head work. can anyone recommend whats good to get done? does anyone on the gold coast know a good shop for this?

Scroopy

Reaction score
Members Ride
got a reply from chip torque performance about my dyno tune and they said that wont support my bored and polished Air Flow Meter, i was like WTF!. its still the exact same, still has the honey comb still works fine. just alittle bigger and it doesn't have that fin in the middle. i'm just going to lie and say its a standard one.

Scroopy

Reaction score
Members Ride
the car is booked in to get everything installed next monday, my cam arrived in a crow cams box as did my performance spring kit. thought that was weird but when i opened the cam box i found the wade spec sheet. they use crow cams then regrind to the 992a112 spec. if you do buy from wade cams dont expect it to be processed within a week, took me 3 weeks. but well worth the wait, also communication was bad. taking the car for a big 7hr drive for chrissy then tune in january by chip torque.