Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

need help with lowering.

lowandslow

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 III Monaro
If you like comfort stay away from Kings. Pedders tourers are very good comfort wise. They might be a bit more expensive than kings but the comfort is worth it. Because lets face it, its a daily commodore on **** roads not a Ferrari on a race track.

B-Man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 5.7 Calais S2
i love the ride of the standard VY Calais S2 springs too much to care about making it look a little better lowered.

Krilnik

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive S2
I must be getting old. Had low springs in my vy Ute. Looked cool, handled ok but was rather harsh on the shitty roads we pay to drive on. Driveways and speed humps were also a PITA.

My new Monaro is on standard wheels with standard springs and shocks and it's a 10x better car to drive everyday.

Yep! Totally agree! Had to rip out the Lows in my sedan. I felt every bump on the road. Speedbumps had to be taken at 5kph. Got annoying after 1 day!

ConstantVelocity

Reaction score
Members Ride
VTII SS M6
I like FE2 (S/SS spec) for a daily, they ride and handle pretty well and no problems with legality or speed bumps. Going really low is a lot of compromise just to look cool. You could pick up some used FE2 springs cheap. Holmart often has new genuine FE2 rear shocks for $80/pair too.