Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Need help with rims and suspension

Jake matthews

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx berlina
I have a vx berlina and have standard stock rims and wheels on it was thinking bout getting kings super low springs but would I need bigger tires and rims for that? And not sure if to go 3" all round just need some opinions cheers guys

the_boozer

no more VK
Reaction score
Members Ride
hilux
What you trying to achieve? Just make it look better or tighten the suspension up so it drives like a race car and rides like a brick? As a young bloke I wasted lots of Sundays welding up the exhaust on my lowered cars when I moved to dungersville I found my 1 inch lowered commodore scrapped on most driveways I visited.
Get some nice rims and low profile tyres first then lower it a little but not too much lots of roads aren't flat like race tracks

Jake matthews

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx berlina
What you trying to achieve? Just make it look better or tighten the suspension up so it drives like a race car and rides like a brick? As a young bloke I wasted lots of Sundays welding up the exhaust on my lowered cars when I moved to dungersville I found my 1 inch lowered commodore scrapped on most driveways I visited.
Get some nice rims and low profile tyres first then lower it a little but not too much lots of roads aren't flat like race tracks
What rims and low profile tires what you recommend ?

Jake matthews

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx berlina
Here a pic of my car

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181101-091728_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20181101-091728_Gallery.jpg
    153.5 KB · Views: 93

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Why not just go to Bob Jane's and have a look at there 25 sets of alloys and choose the ones you like? Ask them to show you some Pirelliis that will work on your chosen wheels.

Jake matthews

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx berlina
Why not just go to Bob Jane's and have a look at there 25 sets of alloys and choose the ones you like? Ask them to show you some Pirelliis that will work on your chosen wheels.
How much would that all rang at I got like 16s on mine atm

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
How much would that all rang at I got like 16s on mine atm
??? What would you like me to call into the store and price them up for you? Would you also like me to choose a tyre and wheel package for you? Lastly are your legs broken? If not i suggest you jump in your car and ask them yourself. ... ;);)

the_boozer

no more VK
Reaction score
Members Ride
hilux
How long you plan on keeping the car I don't like spending money on cars unless I really want something Im too old and tight to recommend anything I only replied to give you the thought of don't go to low and waste money I' d look on fuckheadbook or gumtree for rims and buy the best rubber I could afford Don't buy 2nd hand tyres.

Jake matthews

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx berlina
How long you plan on keeping the car I don't like spending money on cars unless I really want something Im too old and tight to recommend anything I only replied to give you the thought of don't go to low and waste money I' d look on fuckheadbook or gumtree for rims and buy the best rubber I could afford Don't buy 2nd hand tyres.
Plan on keeping it for a while

Jake matthews

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx berlina
Yes I'd like you to call and get them priced for me... that would be great much appreciated mate and yes get me my wheel package as well and yes I have 3 legs...
??? What would you like me to call into the store and price them up for you? Would you also like me to choose a tyre and wheel package for you? Lastly are your legs broken? If not i suggest you jump in your car and ask them yourself. ... ;);)