Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Need help with Sound system

spencer551

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive Wagon
I just got my first car, and i dont know much about car stereos, but im wanting to upgrade my car sound system.

When i bought the car it already had an alpine cdm-9823 head unit in it, it still had stock speakers and im wanting to upgrade. Im just trying to sus out what sort of speakers ill need, and weither ill need an amp to got with it, the stereo is only 16 x 4 watts. can anyone help me by telling me the sort of hardwear i should be looking at

cheers

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
whats your budget? are you going for sound quality or loud noise?

nice set of splits and a 10inch sub + amp is enough to satisfy most.. check out some sound boards in audio stores to see what speakers suit ur ears and that'll give u a good price indication too.

spencer551

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive Wagon
umm im just looking for the medium quality hardwear, so maybe $500, but again i dont know much so i dont even really know what sort of gear i could get for that

Philthy

That dent guy
Reaction score
Website
www.qbdentfree.com.au
Members Ride
3.0R Liberty, XC Falcon
$500 would probably get you a set of ok front splits and a 2ch amp to run them off.

Or if you simply want more bass then you could hunt down a 2nd hand 10-12" sub and monoblock to run it

AutoSlick

Reaction score
Members Ride
Golf GTI Mk6
I have a group buy going on in another forum for $470 for an VIBE slick subwoofer, amplifier and wiring. If your interested let me know and I will be able to add you to the list.

gareth89

Reaction score
Members Ride
A VR V6 bout to sell Yamaha Scorpio
I have a group buy going on in another forum for $470 for an VIBE slick subwoofer, amplifier and wiring. If your interested let me know and I will be able to add you to the list.

can u give me some more info thanks

2LOUD2OLD

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
you still havent answerede what you are wanting to achieve with this system. do you want it to be loud (SPL) or sound good (SQ) or a mix of both (SQL)

spencer551

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive Wagon
um looking for a combo of louness and quality