Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Need Help With Stereo

spice_man2069

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN SS
I have an 89 vn exec and i recentaly got a pioneer head deck installed and i alredy had some sony xplode 6x9 in the back and some 4" in the dash speakers and at the moment i cannon get any decent bass out of them at all, even when i run a little bit of bass it distorts.
now i know that xplode speakers aren't very good but they should perform bettrer than this. i have tried some really good pioneer 6x9's in both the front and back and they run just as crap as my speakers.
i think and so do some other ppl that i have a dodgey power conection or earth, i'm just wondering what others think the prob might be.
also how can i go about doin a better power and earth conection for my head deck to see if that is the problem. i'm not sure about wire collors and where to get power from.
PLZ help me this is driving me insane.

The1985divo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
mabye it could be a deck problem, is it sill under warranty, shoudl consider that, if it wasnt installed by a licenced installer the out goes you warranty.

sorry not much help lol

spice_man2069

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN SS
i did get it installed by a licenced dealer and i think they just connected my new head deck up to the old wires. also this is my second deck and they were both the same.

DANNY8

Yo Coooornflake!
Reaction score
Website
www.kerrbrosracing.com
Members Ride
VK WAGZ 5.0L, GQ Patrol TD42
it wouldn't be your speakers, i have an old set of pioneers and they crank. their good if u dont want a sub aswell.

C

clinker1212

My system consists of a pair of xplode 6x9 4 ways in the back that absolutely pump off of a pioneer MP3 Head deck. It puts out an impressive amount of bass for what they are(yet to get 6 inch 4 ways for the front and a couple of amps and subs)

So believe me when I say it aint the products.

I'd be checking your wire connections, configuration of the head unit and how your 6x9s are mounted.

Just out of curiousity, did it sound like that when you had it installed. If so I would have went straight back and said WTF?????

The only other thing is that you got a dodgy head unit

Good luck in finding the problem

Clint

spice_man2069

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN SS
I have tried another head deck in my car and it was still just as crap. I defiantly know that my 6x9's are NOT mounted very well but even with their poor mounting I have tried on very, very low volume u can feel the base but if you turn it up to a normal listening level then it distorts horribly(it makes me cringe).

After 2 months if I took it back down to the place where I had it done would they fix it.

Also can anyone get me a link to the eurovox wiring diagram for a vn commodore cause I have looked everywhere on the net and can’t find it. This is so I might be able to give it a try myself.

Thanx for all the help ppl

C

clinker1212

Did you check that the speaker wires were conected correctly? Also check to see what the Fade, balance and Bass levels are at on the head unit. Make sure all of this is good and try and mount your speakers properly - I had mine sitting in the cups for a while before hand and mounting them properly made a hell of a difference(I got it done professionally for $60- really good job too!) Then if it still plays up then look at the wiring connecting your head unit.

Initially I would take it in to the place where you got it installed and just ask them if they know what the prob might be. They might give you a bit of free info.

Cheers and g'luck

Clint

The1985divo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
Could be just the prob of crappy old wireing too