Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Need honest opinions regarding VH SLE

Drewie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS (Original owner).
Keep it original, forget the value thing, we get so many compliments on our VC which is as it left the factory, not many good original ones left.

xstatic

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt gen 3 berlina
When anything starts to get rare the price tends to increase

thats not just with cars either but yeah i highly doubt it will ever be as collectable as a monaro but in 10-20 years when theres hardly any of em left the will become more desirable.. problem u do have is the green over silver will be more collectable cause there was fewer made.

cheers

scott

xstatic

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt gen 3 berlina
oh yeah go the injected 5 litre but keep the orginal running gear in the shed

bigmicky22

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr BT1 5lt
keep it stock nice vh sle are getting hard to find they will be worth big bucks soon

v8commy

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
vk calais 5.0
A shitter HG Monaro is around $30k. Fair old difference! Early Monaros have Bathurst heritage which gave the name plate great cache all thru the 70's whilst the first Commodores to have any sort of direct race heritage was the VK Group A. The blue ones are worth megabucks but that hasn't translated to any other VK model what so ever. Can't see that having any effect on the VH either.

Reaper

what do you mean? you obviously have no idea what your talikng about vk calais are worth anywhere from $6000-$9000 depending on originality and or condition etc and mock up grp a's are worth **** all for how much people spend on em your lucky to get 11k for one check out your stuff before you go posting **** on the net

Fusion

Awww I bent my wookie !
Reaction score
Members Ride
1982 VH SL/X, 1997 SII Calais .
lol, "commodore" and "collectable/classic/sought after" should never be used in the same sentence.

modify YOUR car the way YOU want to. what suits you best?

I'm betting a lot of people have said that about other cars as well. if it gets sought after and not many around. The remaining will go up in price and become collectible . Toranas weren't that big of a deal a few years ago . Bigger dollars for them now . Before long anything with chrome bumpers is going to be worth something .

Anyways . It's your car . Do what you want to do to it . Standard or modified it will still be a nice car .

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR

shiftySLE

The Lion will never Die!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SLE, VZ Acclaim
toranas are still cheap as chips unless you are talking xu1 or at least something special. i can get you as many UC toranas for a grand as you like.

if im not mistaken this thread is about a generic, bog stock sle VH.... not very desirable at all.

Disagree, how many Good condition and original VH SLE's can you find for that much, decent ones are $4000 + and anything more special is getting closer to 10, not too bad considering they were around the $2000 a couple of years ago. Also the torries taht are cheap are the pices of crap that people are going to rip apart for a good drag car car as they are light as and good for it.