Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Need place a wire through the firewall. Where is the best place on driver side. Thank you in advance

sadsack

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
50th Anniversary VT commodore
Thank you in advance need to run a wire through firewall on driver side where the best place . Thank you again

hjtrbo

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FG XR6T / HJ Ute / VF2 R8
Have a look behind the brake booster. Only speaking for VF but being similar to VE it might be there. Carnt of a thing to get to.

chrisp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 MY16 SS Redline Sportwagon
Thank you in advance need to run a wire through firewall on driver side where the best place . Thank you again

I think the official manual recommends an access point via a grommet in the cabin air intake (which is on the left hand side). I’m not 100% sure and just operating from memory. I‘m not aware on any recommended area on the righthand side,

Maybe download the service manual and see where the recommended points are?

sadsack

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
50th Anniversary VT commodore
I think the official manual recommends an access point via a grommet in the cabin air intake (which is on the left hand side). I’m not 100% sure and just operating from memory. I‘m not aware on any recommended area on the righthand side,

Maybe download the service manual and see where the recommended points are?
Thank you

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
look beside/below the brake booster there is a loom going thru there already u can just feed another wire thru the grommet with existing loom

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Isn’t there a blanked grommet for the rear windscreen washer on wagons? (Even on sedans).

Any access will be behind the firewall insulation panels. I found no difference between with or without the brake booster insulation panel. Not with sound or temp.

I’d suggest cutting it away.

I’d also suggest the best point of access failing there being no grommet you can find is to drill the pedal plate. Make sure you clear away the interior carpet and insulation first though. Find a decent grommet that fits your cable and drill the appropriate hole. Preferably get a grommet that has a tail on it so you can tape up the grommet to the cables.