Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Need some advise, guys....

Wozza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR_GS commodore
Just needs to be an ADR approved wheel and Boss....most momo SAAS nardi ect ones are

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
I hope this will be a V8.
No one in their right mind would rebuild a VR with the buick V6 would they?

exec24

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina Series 2
Airbags were still optional in VS, Mines an executive and it doesnt have a drivers or a passenger side airbag

Aussie Muscle

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive
I hope this will be a V8.
No one in their right mind would rebuild a VR with the buick V6 would they?

It will be a V8. Even would be border line crazy dropping a V8 into a VR. This car is a project for my Autistic son, and I. Once finished, I won't be selling it, it'll eventually get handed down to my kids. It'll be the last car I ever build, so this will have plenty of time spent on it.

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Nice, a father and son project car. In that case it does t really matter what type of car it is, as long as it's a commodore :)

manatuofa

Reaction score
Members Ride
holden commodore
It will be a V8. Even would be border line crazy dropping a V8 into a VR. This car is a project for my Autistic son, and I. Once finished, I won't be selling it, it'll eventually get handed down to my kids. It'll be the last car I ever build, so this will have plenty of time spent on it.
if you were her in n.z i would have given you my vr ss shell for free ive js taken the engine and gearbox out n put it in my vs wagon.what an awesome thought doing a build for your son bro cheers to you and your son bro and hope your build all goes well

Aussie Muscle

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive
Thanks mate. I want to teach him some skills that hopefully could lead him into a trade. He loves cars, and has wanted to work on one for a while now. So, hopefully, he will know how to do some panel beating, welding, metal work, as well as painting. I will be doing nearly all the work myself, so i'll save heaps in labour costs. Thanks for the offer, and if I were in NZ, I would of taken it off your hands.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Looking forward to the build thread. Id love to see a ute build thread. Nice lumpy V8 with some modern interior upgrades.

Aussie Muscle

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive
Looking forward to the build thread. Id love to see a ute build thread. Nice lumpy V8 with some modern interior upgrades.
I will do a build thread with heaps of pics when the time comes. I believe, if your a car guy, you share your ideas, knowledge with others. This will be a very grumpy V8. I have idea of the build all mapped out in my head, but pointless posting a thread, purely based on an idea, and not actually doing it.