Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Need some help. Code 49

wardie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Exec
Thanks guys for all your help.

Pimpt6 - the pump is running when I turn the key on. It was replaced last year so I'm hoping it still good.

Wardie

Last edited:

woteva

NEED 4 SPEED
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 Sportwagon - VR2 V6 ecotec Wag - VS2 V6 Wag
Usually you rev it to about 2500 rpm for about 2 mins or less.
I have read that it needs to be reved over 2k rpm for the first 10 seconds.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Exactly, reset the computer, start the car and rev to 2000rpm minimum for 10 seconds. Shouldn't cause it to die though, my money is still on a faulty CAS.

wardie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Exec
Well I'll be F**ked!!

It was a loose/faulty EFI relay. The one beside the 20A fuse that I've been taking out to reset the ECU.

I thought it may have been the Key electrics so left it sitting turned on to see if it worked after the hour. While doing so I thought I'd look around again to see if there was anything obvious that I had not touched. Rested my hand on the relays as I looked down the back of the block and the IAC motor started making noise. I found that if I wiggled the EFI relay I could make the relay click and the IAC make noise.

I swapped the EFI relay with headlight relay and she started 1st go. Wiggled the relay and she didn't stop. Started it many times and took it for a drive. Seems to be running well.

Time will see though as the initial fault was intermittent.

Thanks for the help everyone that responded.