Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Need some help finding a car...

ozstrider

Reaction score
Members Ride
-
Hey guys.

Im helping my friend find his car. He left it at his dads house afew years and they lost touch, when they finally spoke again his dad had sold the car, so im looking for it on some forums and just hoping for some luck.

Heres some details.

The car was in Boronia, Victoria. And from what ive heard very cheap for what it was.

VK Calais (digi dash, luxo interior etc)
A sort of dark blue/green colour
Brock bodykit
Heavily worked 308
Alot of the back end is fibreglass
LSD
5 or 6 speed manual
Really heavy clutch
18" chrome wheels
Airhorn
Straight gas
It had 2 massive subs in the boot

This car went thought alot of gearboxes and alot of tyres.
Any help I can get from this forum would be fantastic. Even if you can tell me that its been wrapped around a tree. Pictures would be even better. Hopefully someone will remember it from a while ago and will know whether its changed.
Cheers for any help guys.
Oz.

ozstrider

Reaction score
Members Ride
-
Guys? Anyone? I think i may have posted this in the wrong forum to =S

ozstrider

Reaction score
Members Ride
-
Unfortunately no, and the last time i saw it i didnt really pay any attention to it. The owner was known as 'Franga' to most people. Around south east suberbs of Melbourne, if that helps any.

vn88calais

Perth Representative
Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
VY Commodore 2002
IMO a car like the one mentioned in post one, would've been even more heavily done up...i dont like ur chances on finding it unless ur mate wrote down the VIN number & the REGO...any way good luck finding it

cheers, Todd

ozstrider

Reaction score
Members Ride
-
The car would have new rego, as it didnt have rego when it was sold. The car passed around a few people who wouldve taken pics, so im in the process of getting some atm, and ill post them up.
I know the information is vague but im really just looking for anything i can find.

_Mukas_

DJ Titan...Hardstyle guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5.0L Statesman
got them pics yet champ...

ozstrider

Reaction score
Members Ride
-
Sorry mate, i still didnt get any pics, only pics of the outside, which after talking to the owner, we dont really care about, we just want the engine.

The engine was a very custom job.

Im currently drawing a pic of it from the information i have, but its hard to describe. The facts i know about it so far:
A large airbox right on top of the engine, with an air filter on top, which had a hole cut in the bonnet to fit it exactly when it was closed. Pipes ran from the back of the airbox, underneath the airbox and into the carbys at the front of the engine. It also had twin throttles, and it all sat on top of an Edelbrock manifold. It was all custom work.

When i have the pic finished ill post it up for sure.

ozstrider

Reaction score
Members Ride
-
vkengine14jo.jpg

Thats how i was told the engine was set up. The big square is the airbox, air came straight in through the bonnet scoop and pretty much went like that. Sorry its such a dodgy drawing.

I forgot to add it to the pic, but it had like a spring across the top of the airbox, to hold it down. Kinda like an occy strap.

If anyone even has a pic of a similar set up to this it would be much appreciated.