Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

need some help

smoknvr:)

Reaction score
Members Ride
94 vr acclaim
hey folks im in a bit of a pickle...i bought myself a l67 motor/trans/loom/ecu few other parts for a real good price but i didn't get the bcm or key head with it as the guy i bought it from was selling it for a mate,now problem is i cant get a hold of him to get the Vin no that Holden spare parts needs to get me the correct bcm for my motor,can i go after-market programmable ecu and just by-pass the bcm issue all together or do i need it.also Holden only have 21 bcms in the Melbourne warehouse,and speaking to the spare parts guy he thinks he found the right bcm for my motor,he also said that there are different levels of bcm which makes it harder to get the exact one,any advice as to what i can do is appreciated guys and gals.

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
VR/VS don't have linked BCM's and ECU's. Just use the BCM you've already got. If the ECU that came with the motor is a VT ECU, either grab a VS L67 ECU or get a stock VS ECU and have somebody burn the L67 tune on it, a few people on here do it. Somebody might chime in on a bypass to get the VT ECU going.

You'll be paying through the ass from Holden too for something like that. You can go aftermarket, but there's nothing plug and play out there, so you're up for the ECU, wiring, and tuning too.

smoknvr:)

Reaction score
Members Ride
94 vr acclaim
the car that's getting the swap is my vr s2 acclaim,so what you are saying i can use the ecu that i got with the motor.but the problem is i didn't get a bcm when i purchased the motor,the guy kept it when he did the engine swap,that's why i got motor/trans/loom/computer...but no bcm or key head.so that's why im asking where i stand as to what i can do to get around this situation.