Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Need to find short shifter for vs gts t56 asap!

Wagon_Wheel

Drop A Patch....
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown VS Clubsport, VP Wagon Daily
Hey guys. I've got a t56 from a vs gts in my clubby and I've been on the hunt for a short throw shifter since I put it in but I can't seem to get one any where. Most people just say no we don't make them. Billet products has said they can make an adapter for me so the ls1 style shifters will fit but I've been waiting 4 months now and they still havnt done ****.
Thinking about going over seas for one as I know this box was used in a Camaro or something. Does any one know exactly what car it was used in so I can suss it out further or has any one had any luck in aus getting a shifter for one??

Cheers
Geoff

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG
Surprised Billet took 4 months to 'Not' do anything.

The VS GTS T56 was a Getrag wasn't it?

HoldenManDan has a MalWood T56 in his VS, with a short throw shifter. Not sure if it can be done, but it's worth contacting Mal Wood to see if they can help you out.

Mal Wood Automotive - Holdens

Macca86

Reaction score
Members Ride
XR6T Ute & a ZX6R
Billet make a short shifter for the getrag. I kept getting told they didnt either but a few months back in a thread on here someone linked me to there website and they do have 1 suited to the getrag (was $450 from memory). Ill try find it later and link you to the thread. And yes my mate had a VS SS that he got a short shifter from the US for like $150, pretty sure he said it was to suit a mustang of some sort over there.

Wagon_Wheel

Drop A Patch....
Reaction score
Members Ride
The box is a Borg Warner not a getrag. And it was before they became a tremec box. So none of those shifters will fit. I have tried mal wood also. But I might give him a call again if I get a chance to ask him what the box is also out of

Wagon_Wheel

Drop A Patch....
Reaction score
Members Ride
Looks like I've got it sorted at the moment. Mal wood is going to make one up for me. Hopefully he pulls through with the goods cause billet told mr it was no worries and that was over 4 months ago

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG
Good to hear buddy, keep my fingers crossed for ya. Let us know you go, maybe update yo thread. lol

Wagon_Wheel

Drop A Patch....
Reaction score
Members Ride
Well I can finally put an end to that story. Mal wood custom made me one. Took him only a few days and was at my door. He even charged me nearly $100 less than what gw quoted me which I was wrapped about. Shifters in and it feels great

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG
Fantastic dude. Never heard anything but good reports about Mal Wood.

sir355

Father Figure
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SENATOR 215, HZ ute
Well I can finally put an end to that story. Mal wood custom made me one. Took him only a few days and was at my door. He even charged me nearly $100 less than what gw quoted me which I was wrapped about. Shifters in and it feels great

Mal wood hey. I will have to look into this. I contacted billett 2 yrs ago and they said they would have one developed within twelve months.

Cause I need one as well.