Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Need to pick your brains :)

BoNeZ-01

"..of mice and men.."
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 50th Anniversary
lol.. Yeah I know what ya mean about the tapping, mine's started doin that lately too, so now I just the stereo up louder and ignore it.. :rockon:
I just wish I was rich enough for an engine conversion, I'd buy one of two cars in town a mate and his dad are selling.
The father owns an original VN Group A!! And the son owns a nice VR 5ltr, full Calais interior, nice custom paint.. both in top condition.. man, if only.. lol :p

spacattack

THE ENFORCER!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Custom VN
lol.. Yeah I know what ya mean about the tapping, mine's started doin that lately too, so now I just the stereo up louder and ignore it.. :rockon:
I just wish I was rich enough for an engine conversion, I'd buy one of two cars in town a mate and his dad are selling.
The father owns an original VN Group A!! And the son owns a nice VR 5ltr, full Calais interior, nice custom paint.. both in top condition.. man, if only.. lol :p

ill swap him my equipe for the grp a :p hahahahaha

full 5ltr conversion ( k-frame, motor with accessories, auto, tailshaft, diff, radiator, loom anything else needed ) i can get for around $2000 lol ill just do the work myself :)

spacattack

THE ENFORCER!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Custom VN
with the induction noise, if it doesnt go away your induction pipe may have a split in it, i have the same thing, slight split/hole.

if you want to check its 'air tight' spray crc along the pipe and if the revs pick it, u have a hole.

nope no splits/holes in the pipe/box or anything else

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
nope no splits/holes in the pipe/box or anything else

have you checked it with CRC? i couldnt see the hole in mine but CRC picked it up quick smart.

spacattack

THE ENFORCER!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Custom VN
have you checked it with CRC? i couldnt see the hole in mine but CRC picked it up quick smart.

i thought it was a leak in the pipe so i tested it, not with crc thou

spacattack

THE ENFORCER!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Custom VN
found out what it is, i adjusted the level RPM idle but not the base idle ( which is causing the IAC valve to open more causeing more induction noise )